Notices

Yikes

Old 12-21-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yikes

Oh F, Oh F, Oh F, Sober on January 1st.... I hope I can do it. I had a little over a year back in... 2004?? Trying it again, I don't want to die drinking. My kidneys hurt everyday and I want to see my babies grow up. I'm going to double down and get through the holidays drinking, then its time. sobriety and healthy living.

I guess this is my way of introducing myself. My name is Peter and I'm an alcoholic.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Peter
You'll find a lot of support here

I guess my question is though - why not start now...why wait to start that wonderful new life?

D
Old 12-21-2012, 10:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PmDavis300 View Post
I'm going to double down and get through the holidays drinking, then its time
No time like the present. Why not make tomorrow your day 1? If you don't you've still got 11 days of this torture, or maybe 10 depending on where you are. It's like a bandaid. The quicker you pull it off the better.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi and welcome Peter
You'll find a lot of support here

I guess my question is though - why not start now...why wait to start that wonderful new life?

D
Hmm, I've heard that before. Because I'm not ready to get through the holidays without alcohol. I don't want to deal with it, and I will take that as my right. I didn't come on this board because I wanted to continue to drink. I have set a date that works for me, and I will continue with my plan. Battle with me for 10 days if you like. I will do what I feel is right............................................. ..........

GirlfromCO. read your post. not so angry. I will not continue my rant against Dee. Not sure why, but your logic appeals to me more and angers me less. consider me an illogical alchy. I will consider it, but my intention is to avoid the pain of the newly sober alcoholic during the holidays.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nobody's telling you what to do, least of all D. It is your right to drink as much as you want as hard as you want for as long as you want. It's just that we know through experience that you're doing things the hard way and we know how painful it is to continue to drink. Why not give yourself a break, and early X-mas gift? (if you're into X-mas that is.)

Drinking hurts, man. Wouldn't it be nice to start the process of healing now? Yeah, tomorrow wouldn't be very nice but by Sunday you'd feel a whole lot better - just in time to remember the holidays with your babies. I don't know how old they are but I do know that you only get a certain number of holidays with them.

Just my opinion. Do what you will, of course Nobody is going to kick you off the site if you decide you want to keep drinking. It took me a couple of YEARS of being here before I was ready to quit. We do get it, you know?
Old 12-21-2012, 10:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Allright, first of all. I would like to tell you **** you for telling me me I should quit drinking.... Ya I know that's what I came here to do, but I'm just pissed. Angry, mad, ******* pissed, god damn it **** my life why the hell did i get ****** with this god damn disease. Jesus ****, **** this ****..............! AH! I'm ******* mad.

Still angry. that being said with my jaw clinched, you ******* win **** you. I am done. I will go to a meeting tomorrow. your ******* welcome **** you god damn sober *****.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:33 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

sucks, don't it? See, I knew you were smart. What are the chances you're going to dump the rest of your booze tonight and turn in early?

Or is that too logical Yeah, I'm a bitch, but I'm a sober bitch.

Allright, first of all. I would like to tell you **** you for telling me me I should quit drinking.... Ya I know that's what I came here to do, but I'm just pissed. Angry, mad, ******* pissed, god damn it **** my life why the hell did i get ****** with this god damn disease. Jesus ****, **** this ****..............! AH! I'm ******* mad.

Still angry. that being said with my jaw clinched, you ******* win **** you. I am done. I will go to a meeting tomorrow. your ******* welcome **** you god damn sober *****.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO View Post
sucks, don't it? See, I knew you were smart. What are the chances you're going to dump the rest of your booze tonight and turn in early?

Or is that too logical Yeah, I'm a bitch, but I'm a sober bitch.
I'll make you a deal. I will finish this stupid beer i'm about to open and dump the other 4 I have left.... Don't try to change my mind, I will needlessly swear again.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Does anyone else get irrationally cold when they drink. I'm shivering like crazy.... very strange for me.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You know what I'd do... dump those 4 beers RIGHT NOW while you still want to before you crack your drinking one. Waiting....
Old 12-21-2012, 10:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Drink if you have to, but be safe. We'll be here when you're ready to kick it.

Happy Holidays! And welcome to SR. This place has been a big help to me and it will help you too.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't mean to make you angry.

In the wash up, when it's all said and done, I wish I'd quit years sooner than I did.

It's about all the things I've lost, and years I wasted, and the decades of mornings I couldn't bear to even look at myself in the mirror, and the nights I hated every fibre of my being...

why would any of us live that life one more day than we needed?

I know change is scary...terrifying even - but the pain of recovery is nothing compared to the pain of drinking...we just fear it is.

There's not a day I don't give thanks I took the plunge and left all that stuff behind.

Drinking nearly literally killed me. I'll always tell it straight Peter cos I'm not sure slapping you on the back is doing you as much good...y'know?

I'm not really that bad

D
Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You know what I'd do... dump those 4 beers RIGHT NOW while you still want to before you crack your drinking one. Waiting....
To late, but I will dump those now. Thanks for the inspiration. I suppose I should find a meeting tonight as well. How the hell did you get me to do this? I suppose the power of fellow drunks is real.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:44 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

a meeting tonight for tomorrow that is
Old 12-21-2012, 10:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

How the hell did you get me to do this?
My f****** hypnotic b**** charm, dude. Nah, jk, it's all you. You should be proud. Looks like you are really ready to quit. That's the hardest part. Dump away!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

I'm not really that bad

D
Don't trust him. Look at those googly eyes, just sittin there a googlin. And the way he spells fiber. FIBRE?! HA!

LOL D:ghug3

Peter, how's the dumping? Get yourself a blanket if you're cold. I use to get cold too when I was drinking. My hands and feet especially.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:53 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I was never cold when I drank. So long as I had something to drink it could be -20 or +100, I didn't care.
Old 12-21-2012, 10:55 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My f****** hypnotic b**** charm, dude. Nah, jk, it's all you. You should be proud. Looks like you are really ready to quit. That's the hardest part. Dump away!
in the snow they go
Old 12-21-2012, 11:05 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Don't eat the yellow snow! What are you doing now, hanging out or going to bed? Wanna talk about what's next? The funny thing is, I can almost guarantee you that tomorrow or the next day or the day after that you'll find yourself thinking "Man, why did I let that internet person talk me into dumping my beer in the snow. That was so dumb and I really feel like drinking right now. I'm going to quit on Jan 1 just like I said I was!" or something along those lines. You want to know how I know this? I'VE DONE IT A BUNCH OF TIMES. A BUNCH. TOO MANY. You should start planning for what you're going to do when that happens. Unless you want to be dumping beers again, that is.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Don't eat the yellow snow! What are you doing now, hanging out or going to bed? Wanna talk about what's next? The funny thing is, I can almost guarantee you that tomorrow or the next day or the day after that you'll find yourself thinking "Man, why did I let that internet person talk me into dumping my beer in the snow. That was so dumb and I really feel like drinking right now. I'm going to quit on Jan 1 just like I said I was!" or something along those lines. You want to know how I know this? I'VE DONE IT A BUNCH OF TIMES. A BUNCH. TOO MANY. You should start planning for what you're going to do when that happens. Unless you want to be dumping beers again, that is.
I have been on the forum for about a week now. I read your posts when you were still drunk. Now here I am in the same position. I didn't dump those beers on a whim. I have been considering this for a long time, but as time goes on, I'm in more pain and the reality of being a long term drunk gets more real. I don't want to do it anymore. With some luck my desire to be sober will overcome my addiction and I will beat this thing. I more determined then I have been in a while, and I will do my best to continue the fight.