Notices

Just checking in. 7 days sober today.

Old 12-21-2012, 06:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Idiot that picked up a bottle.

Just checking in. 7 days sober today.

While everything else in my life is still totally fubared, I have not had a drink since the 14th. Plus I was able to talk my company into modifying my work hours so I can comply with the curfew imposed by the judge when he set my bond.

I didn't tell them my request was to comply with a curfew though, I just said I had some personal issues to deal with. I am hoping to have the curfew hours modified when I go to court on the 7th so I can resume my normal work hours.

Its not a lot but it is a couple of small victories. The real terror starts when I have to go to court next month to deal with the three 1st degree misdemeanors that I wracked up in one week when I drank again after six years.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Day 7 is better than no day at all. Sorry to hear about your legal issue, at least your jobs understanding to a degree. Mine is not so understanding. I'm 24 days sober but the first 20 were incredible tough. Anxiety, Dt's, insomnia, overall a crappy experience that makes me never want to start again. However I still had to go into work while all that was going on. Good luck at court and best holiday wishes to you.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Idiot that picked up a bottle.

Originally Posted by bostongeorge View Post
Day 7 is better than no day at all. Sorry to hear about your legal issue, at least your jobs understanding to a degree. Mine is not so understanding. I'm 24 days sober but the first 20 were incredible tough. Anxiety, Dt's, insomnia, overall a crappy experience that makes me never want to start again. However I still had to go into work while all that was going on. Good luck at court and best holiday wishes to you.
I can very much identify with the anxiety factor. For some reason I have not had the DTs so I suppose I am fortunate in that aspect.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Congratulations on your week sober, ghostman! I found sobriety was a lot like that: "little victories." Keep taking it one day at a time - you can get through this!:ghug3
Old 12-21-2012, 08:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep going ghostman. Although you may have some consequences to face - things will just get better and better the longer you are sober.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Congrats and it does get better as time goes on.