Notices

Why must I be nice?

Old 12-21-2012, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Why must I be nice?

I think I like abuse, or making myself feel uncomfortable, or I am just a really nice person.

So, I have decided to take my 7 year old to see her family on her dad's side xmas eve. I guess the sister who is having it thought I would jump for joy because she actually thought of her...whatever. At first I wasn't going to take her, but then when I was in church the pastor went on and on about second chances, forgiveness and how sometimes we have to do things we don't like for the people we love, blah blah blah! I had to think long and hard about this, but there are people who are going to be there who are very good to my little one, plus her gpa will be there and who knows how many christmas's he has left. I would much rather deal with some of these people with wine....and lots of it! Hubby will be gone 2 years the 23rd .... On a happier note I will be spending time with all 3 of my kids as well so all is well that ends well I CAN do this holiday season without wine....right?
Old 12-21-2012, 04:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's great you're doing this for your kid Lola.
It's one evening...it may not be where you want to be...but I know you can make it through, sober

D
Old 12-21-2012, 04:47 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Why thank you Dee, I am not so confident, but I have come pretty far in my almost 90 days I hate to blow that!
Old 12-21-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Lola,

Proud of you for doing this for her, it speaks to your selflessness a a mom. Stick close to the family members who have been good to her and you. You can do it without wine, however, if you need to "whine" you have us!!!
:ghug3
Old 12-21-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Lola, you're doing the right thing for your daughter, no matter that it's hard for you. She will have a good time, and hopefully you will too.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! Anna I hope your right! Delilah dear...me whine??? I cant imagine why you would say that...hee hee!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Me thinks you really ARE a nice person....even if you have a broomstick in your closet LOL
Old 12-21-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you PL, and yes my broom is always in arms length, I fear I may be riding around these next few days...look out!!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You are a good Mom. Also a good and thoughtful person. You can do this and you should do it with you head held high.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

What a wonderful Christmas gift for your daughter, and for his family. That's really what the season is all about so good for you! You can sneak out and vent to us if the going gets rough. You are a nice person