Notices

I haven't been around because I have been great....

Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I haven't been around because I have been great....

Hi Everyone...I just thought I would pop in and say hello...I hope all my friends are doing great and hanging in there. I miss you guys. To all you newcomers I hope you are doing great and are finding this place to be your saving grace as it was mine. I can't tell you exactly when it happened but it happened. I am OK I am really OK...I made it. The withdrawals, the depression...the hopelessness...all of it. I sit here today and remember not that long ago when life seemed hopeless. Something is happening and I am sure parts of my brain are repairing. I am 82 days sober....yah 82...just teared up writing that. I feel amazing...I look great and I actually don't laze around. Hang in there...IT IS TRUE WHEN THEY SAY IT GETS BETTER.....it gets a lot better. Happy Holidays to you all....going to try and pop in chat in the next few days. If I can do it..so can you. I can't believe I was drinking over 30 ounces of 40% liquor a nite. So yah I was bad....I can now see so clearly. I drank alcohol because I was depressed and the alcohol caused my depression. Or made it much worse. It is a terrible cycle that I stopped pedaling. Love life...xo
Old 12-20-2012, 11:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, Missingtheoldme!

Glad to see you and glad to hear you are doing great. I agree with you - it does get better (Day 68 for me)!

Have great holidays!
Old 12-20-2012, 11:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Inspirational thank you for sharing that.
Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

81 days for me so I know how you feel....does feel great does it not? Lets both keep up the great job!!!!
Old 12-21-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Self recovered Self discovered

That is fabulous news, MissingTheOldMe. Congratulations to you and your family, all of you must be pretty danged pleased with this. A sober Christmas is a great gift that you are sharing this year. The sober folks who read this are relieved, and those that aren't sober just yet are encouraged that yep, they can do it too. Well done!
Old 12-21-2012, 10:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you so much everyone for you kind words...congrats to all of you as well. We rock don't we.