Notices

Desperate need for help dealing with an addict

Old 12-20-2012, 09:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Desperate need for help dealing with an addict

Hey,

I'm new to this site and actually came across it while looking for tell-tale signs that a person was abusing prescription drugs. I saw your post and it spoke volumes to me...a little back story...I started dating this guy I had known since we were teenagers, he had just moved back home from Florida...he was great and was really sweet to me and before I knew it he was moved into my house...things were good at first but then I started noticing some unusual things...I came home to my computer opened and saw that he had been researching aderol pills, then he came home and had blue snot running out his nose. When I questioned him, he said he had a problem in the past but was over it, he was just stressed and it would never happen again. When I asked why he snorted the pills he said it was bc taking them orally doesn't work for him. I let it go and moved on. Then things went from bad to worse...he would stay up all hours of the night, watch tv or sleep all day, say he was going to do things and never do them, he couldn't keep a job-said they were boring or too slow for him. Constantly would be out and have an excuse for taking an hour to get home when the drive was only 15 minutes, constantly had mood swings- you never knew what person you were going to get...I often thought that he may be bipolar or have an anxiety issue. I caught him with pot on several occasions and he always said the same thing-its the last time, I'm sorry I hurt you and it will never happen again. As if it couldn't get worse, I then found out I was pregnant. He swore he would change if I just gave him the chance. Over the next several months, I had two guns stolen from my house on separate occasions and my "sister-in-laws" engagement ring go missing and then suddenly reappear withing minutes of me searching for it. Again, he swore it wasn't him, he said he would take a lie detector test, he said, why would he take it when everyone knows his past and he would be the first to blame...he said that would be really stupid on his part. I wanted so badly to believe him and eventually took him back. Long story short...I kicked him out, have since had the baby, a beautiful baby boy, and he wanted to come around and see and visit with the baby. I allowed it but it is always at my house supervised. He says he is clean and his has turned a new leaf so he can be a good father. He is now asking to take the baby for one day a wk which I am not comfortable with but I'm trying to keep this out of court and from turning into a huge custody battle...he has told me several times that he's not using, he said you would know if I was high, he said he was willing to take drug test before going anywhere with the baby. He came by the other night and said he was really tired but he acted very strange...his eyes were very glossy and he was super hyper...high fiving me and just non stop talking...my gut says he was on something.

Here's the thing...I have never been exposed to this type of behavior before I was with him so I don't know what to look for? I don't know what kind of drug test to make him take or for how long these pills/drugs stay in your system. He always complains of headaches, stomach problems, diarehha, cramping and he never ate and was always sick...he said he has a weak stomach but from what I've read it may have something to do with the drugs. Any help would be greatly appreciated...I am so stressed out and I honestly don't know what to do.

Also, when we were together, he would always complain about his back hurting and said he got perkocet from his grandmother bc its the only thing that helped. He always made sure to tell me when he got some bc he said he wanted to be completely honest with me...yeah right!

Thanks,

T
Old 12-20-2012, 10:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

These are your words..
He always complains of headaches, stomach problems, diarehha, cramping and he never ate and was always sick..
When someone is "dope sick" they typically experience nausea, vomiting, headaches, dizziness, and sweating spells. Being dope sick feels very similar to having withdrawal.

You can get a pee test from Rite-Aid BUT you wont get a 100% reading you have to send them away and wait. You can get a "close" reading with one instantly.

Percocet is a Opiate here is a list of what Opiates are.. they cause "dope sick"
There are dozens of drugs that fall into the opiate category. A few of the most commonly abused opiate drugs are:
Opium
Codeine
Morphine
Tramadol (Ultram)
Methadone
Buprenorphine (Subutex)
Propoxyphene (Darvocet)
Pethidine (Demerol)
Hydrocodone (Lortab/Vicodin)
Oxycodone (Percocet, Oxycontin)
Hydromorphone (Dilaudid)
Oxymorphone (Opana)
Fentanyl
Heroin (diacetylmorphine)

Please keep your baby safe... Don't believe a addict I am telling you this 1st hand. TRUST your GUT feeling..
Old 12-20-2012, 10:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Here is a poem Its ALL truth.. I hope this helps you understand more about drugs..

Hello, my name is DRUGS - I destroy homes, tear families apart, take your children, and that's just the start. I'm more costly than diamonds, more costly than gold, the sorrow I bring is a sight to behold. And if you need me, remember I'm easily found, I live all around you, in schools and in town. I live with the rich, I live with the poor, I live down the street, and maybe next door. My power is awesome; try me, you'll see. But if you do, you may NEVER break free. Just try me once and I might let you go, but try me twice, and I'll own your soul. When I possess you, you'll steal and you'll lie. You do what you have to just to get high. The crimes you'll commit, for my narcotic charms will be worth the pleasure you'll feel in my arms. You'll lie to your mother; you'll steal from your dad. When you see their tears, you should feel sad. But you'll forget your morals and how you were raised, I'll be your conscience,I'll teach you my ways. I take kids from parents, and parents from kids, I turn people from god, and separate friends. I'll take everything from you, your looks and your pride, I'll be with you always, right by your side. You'll give up everything... your family, your home... your friends, your money, then you'll be alone. I'll take and take, till you have nothing more to give. When I'm finished with you you'll be lucky to live. If you try me be warned this is no game. If given the chance, I'll drive you insane. I'll ravish your body; I'll control your mind. I'll own you completely; your soul will be mine. The nightmares I'll give you while lying in bed, the voices you'll hear from inside your head. The sweats, the shakes, the visions you'll see; I want you to know, these are all gifts from me. But then it's too late, and you'll know in your heart, that you are mine, and we shall not part. You'll regret that you tried me, they always do, but you came to me, not I to you. You knew this would happen. Many times you were told, but you challenged my power, and chose to be bold. You could have said no, and just walked away. If you could live that day over, now what would you say? I'll be your master; you will be my slave, I'll even go with you, when you go to your grave. Now that you have met me , what will you do? Will you try me or not? Its all up to you. I can bring you more misery than words can tell. Come take my hand, LET ME LEAD YOU TO HELL