Notices

me

Old 12-18-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

me

None of this is probably new, but I am on day one and SERIOUSLY struggling to get through the day today without drinking.

Thank you to the December 2012 group - I have spent a ton of time reading posts today to try and remind myself that I can do this.

Last year has been rough. Lost my dad less than a year ago from cancer (only in his early 60s), both grandmothers and an uncle within a few months. Not that that is any excuse. Drinking has been a problem before, but over the past year it has gotten way out of control.

Seeing a shrink to help process all the death and finally opening up to her about the extent of my drinking.

I guess I am just rambling - I figure if I am typing, I'm not going across the street for a bottle of vodka (which I really want right now). I feel shaky and nauseous and have a headache that would take down an elephant.

OK -enough pity party. I did this to myself. Now I just have to stop.

Good luck to eveyone out there.
And thanks for the support.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
p***enger

be strong, mittens. my headache and your headache can arm-wrestle! my bottle of gin and your bottle of vodka can thumb-wrestle (in hell)! and both of us can make it through the day sober!
Old 12-18-2012, 01:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi mittens. We all understand, that is for sure! I've been there so many times that I finally decided I just couldn't put myself through it anymore. It was exhausting trying to continue with the drinking life.

Glad you are here and talking about this.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Stay strong Mittens...you have been through some difficult & emotional times. Make your loved one proud by staying strong and staying sober...life will get better for you and although it is hard to deal with changes & sorrow, drinking will not change or make those difficulties go away. I wish you well....best of luck...hang tough Mittens.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

Originally Posted by Hevyn View Post
Hi mittens. We all understand, that is for sure! I've been there so many times that I finally decided I just couldn't put myself through it anymore. It was exhausting trying to continue with the drinking life.

Glad you are here and talking about this.
You are so right. It is completely exhausting. All the guilt, hangovers, and self esteem issues really drain you. It is just not worth it.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome mittens - I'm glad you've joined the Dec group - they're a good bunch

It will get easier...I never thought I'd make day one either,,,then I did...then day two...then three...then a week...

If I did it, you can do this too

D