Notices

Day 3 of Detox

Old 12-18-2012, 07:52 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Angry Day 3 of Detox

I'm in to day 3 of a home detox and I'm starting to get very agitated and on edge. The nurse is great but The medication is making sick too I can't sleep at night, then fall asleep at the drop of hat. Would love to hear anyone else's experiences and how long it took to start feeling like myself again. I'm really determined though and keep thinking about what someone wrote on here "it's like the last hangover"
Old 12-18-2012, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Detox isn't fun at all for anyone. I felt hungover for about 4 weeks. I did'nt have medication so I have no idea what that is like. The first 10 days were the worst for me. It really does get better but there is some suffering at first.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Originally Posted by escapist View Post
Detox isn't fun at all for anyone. I felt hungover for about 4 weeks. I did'nt have medication so I have no idea what that is like. The first 10 days were the worst for me. It really does get better but there is some suffering at first.
Yup but each day gets a little better and before you know it you feel better than you have in years
Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you feel better soon, and I'm glad you're getting medical help.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:10 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone I really appreciate your help. Guess I just have to suck it up and remember its all going to be worth it in the end. x
Old 12-18-2012, 09:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
LDT

It's so great you have someone to help you through this. Everyone's detox is different. Mine was a 3 day inpatient medical detox. Felt great on Day 4-5 and then awful on day 6 because I took some cold medicine for bronchitis ( I know, I know... no one ever told me not to take cold medicine. I was clueless. Lesson learned ). Get through today and just deal with tomorrow....tomorrow. Things will get better. That's a promise.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I did not really detox, at least not physically. Remember this time and keep it as a reminder that you never want to go back to drinking. You have made a great first step. Keep up the hard work.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I will family I'm never gonna suffer another hangover and really don't want to go through this again.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LDT View Post
It's so great you have someone to help you through this. Everyone's detox is different. Mine was a 3 day inpatient medical detox. Felt great on Day 4-5 and then awful on day 6 because I took some cold medicine for bronchitis ( I know, I know... no one ever told me not to take cold medicine. I was clueless. Lesson learned ). Get through today and just deal with tomorrow....tomorrow. Things will get better. That's a promise.
Hey LDT, thanks for your answer but what's this about cold medicine? Seems I too am clueless!!