Notices

recovery

Old 12-18-2012, 05:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

recovery

hi guys im a recovering heroin addict 5months clean i dont feel im doing any recovery and im becomming complacent im in a remote area with no na
this recovery buisness isnt easy and im starting to get side tracked by having thoughts of maybe in the future i can have a ectacy every nown and then.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by bouquet View Post
im becomming complacent im in a remote area with no na

....maybe in the future i can have a ectacy every nown and then.
Welcome to SR. Good that your recognize you are headed to a bad spot.

Maybe there is no NA, but there are online NA meetings, online speaker tapes, the NA Big Book. There are things you can do to further your recovery.

Taking Ecstasy isn't one of them That's just addict thinking. Get it out of your head.

Good luck.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Not Alone

Welcome to the forums bouquet ,

There's tons of NA members on here, myself included. UKNA have started doing Skype meetings on Mondays. Now I am unaware of the time difference between the UK and where you are but if you want any more information about that then send me a private message (you need to have made 5 posts before you can message someone).

I had a very hard time thinking about using in the future. It will be ok if; I won't do this;I'll only do this and not this. These statements pretty much rolled around in my head for a length of time before I got bored of them and realised that I can't stay clean forever. I just can't see it. I can't see that far ahead. Staying straight for the rest of my life completely scares the crap out of me. So I do it for today. And sometimes when I can't do it for a day I do it for half a day. Then when I have done half a day I end up doing the other half. And a day at a time I have got 7 months clean and sober.

Whilst this site is not officially linked with NA people are prepared to do online sponsorship for people. It would be something I would be interested in but obviously I can only take people as far as I am.

Natom.