Testing the new SR phone app

Old 12-17-2012, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Testing the new SR phone app

If you haven't downloaded it yet, see Emily's post up top - so far, it appears to be working really well - actually better than other generic message board apps I've tried.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lillamy View Post
If you haven't downloaded it yet, see Emily's post up top - so far, it appears to be working really well - actually better than other generic message board apps I've tried.
Looks good. Do we have to quote to reply?
Old 12-17-2012, 06:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am going to let you all test it before I commit...but really...even with a large phone screen, its hard to see, so I refrain from coming here unless I am on my tablet or PC.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Trying to figure that out - looks like quote is the default? I'm just so rarely at a computer that carrying you guys with me on my phone makes me very happy!
Old 12-17-2012, 11:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Actually, Thumper, if you click the box with the arrow in the top right hand corner, you can reply without the quote.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

On Android you click the "..." menu at the bottom and there's a "reply" option there.

So far I like it. It's easier to read, and I use my phone more than my computer anymore. Not sure how to access the smiles, but pictures seem easy enough.

ForumRunner_20121218_080226.jpg

Peaches just posed for this one.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Okay, I am going to say that while it's nice it shows who last posted in the thread, I really wish it would also say who started the thread without my having to open the thread and scroll to the first post.
Old 12-18-2012, 04:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's my one complaint, too, StarCat -- I'm hoping the Powers That Be are aware of this post because that kind of thing should be an easy fix. You can change some settings (like if you want to get to the first unread post when you open a new one) but the changes don't seem to "stick"...
Old 12-18-2012, 05:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

Pictures don't seem to stick around, either. I can view them the first time and then they show up as an empty box afterwards.

And a lot of people's icons aren't showing, including mine. It looks like the site-generated ones show up but imported ones don't? Not 100% certain that's the distinction, but it seems to at least be close.

EDIT: No, I saw some uploaded icons too, so it's not that. Maybe the file type? Nobody in this thread has a visible icon on my phone, so far.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

can someone post a link? I can't find it.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Today is a New Day

For Android it's in the Google Play store under the name "Sober Recovery" by the company "Internet Brands, Inc." I'll confess I'm not sure how to post a link to that as I have the Google Play app on my phone.

I don't know how to find it for iPhone, I don't have one nor do I have any experience with them aside from listening to Siri "tell off" one of my coworkers once. ("I'm getting tired of all these arbitrary questions, William!") I figured I'd stick to a phone that didn't remind me of conversations with XABF. :-P

Speaking of links, though, links to other threads in the forum open up in my browser rather than the app. That one seems trickier to fix by coding, though.