Party Update...

Old 12-17-2012, 03:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Party Update...

Well went to the party. Had a great time. Ignored his very mean and crazy texts that he sent when I was there. He ended up showing up at 3 am, so I just got in and drove home with him to avoid a scene....was just about to leave anyway. Sunday - woke up to him trying to sneak out of the house - asked for a ride to pick up my truck and he said yes. Then he left and the texting started. Of course he fell off the wagon and ended up drunk and doing who knows what. Sent me texts saying he had a new GF, that he hated me, called me the most terrible names, threatened me, etc. Came home with two bullets - "one for you and one for me...merry christmas" he said and then laughed hysterically. Passed out. I put a board against my bedroom door so that I could sleep. He woke up this morning and began by crying and saying how sorry he was and that the bullets were a joke and empty and that they are to make necklaces???? By noon he was giving up and starting to get mean again...but still sober. I called his sponsor who he is supposed to go and see tonight to an AA meeting. I have also decided that I have to leave. I dont believe he will actually hurt me.....but I cannot live like this anymore. The mental stuff is pushing me over the edge. I am heartbroken and in shock right now...cant even cry....but determined to do something....
Old 12-17-2012, 03:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You deserve to be happy and safe and loved! Sending you hugs from Virginia! Hang in there !
Old 12-17-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry. I'm glad you had a good time at your party. They CAN'T ruin every aspect of our lives! I'm just so sorry
Old 12-17-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Confusedgirl,

Don't cry. He cannot give what he doesn't have and unless he is willing to do whatever it takes nothing will change.

And anything to do with bullets and any threats whatsover. Call the police. LET HIM KNOW THAT BOUNDARY!

Please take care of you.
Old 12-17-2012, 03:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Yeah, I'd say it is time to leave, his elevator no longer goes up to the top floor. Be careful, you really do not know what he is capable of doing.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

And, if you two have any guns in that house you need to get rid of them! Have someone trusted by the both of you to hold them if they do not belong to you!

I have the utmost respect for my weapons and I do NOT tolerate anybody fooling around or joking about using them or the ammo! If put in the wrong hands, they can be devistating! This is no joking matter!

I'm sending you strength and peace to pack up and get out of there ASAP!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes I agree with everyone else... it is time for you to leave.

Please do not put up with the crazy anymore, this is abusive and hurtful to you.

Do you have a plan for getting out?
Old 12-17-2012, 07:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Please understand that the bullets were a serious threat to your life. This is serious. He has threaten to take your life.

Alcohol, joking, and frustrations are his excuses for unacceptable behavior.

Please consider getting a restraining order, contacting a domestic violence center (gather information about resources) and getting yourself to a safe environment.

Unfortunately, when our alcoholics realize they are losing their enabler ~ they can lash out. They are capable of trying anything/everything to get their life back to their version of *normal*. This is a dangerous time in a relationship with addicts.

It's best to hope for the best, but plan for the worst.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Echoing the others.

You really need to document things. Get a pen camera with audio right now and record every conversation, phone call and text.

The bullet stuff may be bluster or it may be serious. There is a very simple way to decide which: when someone tells you that they are going to kill you and how, believe them.
Get out, go talk to a detective in the DV unit right away. You have to document this.

Frankly, you should discuss it with him and record it in case he forgets later.

This is a threat, not a joke. Alcohol doesn't give people unacceptable ideas, it just takes the filter off.

DV unit, get out, document, protective order.
Old 12-19-2012, 02:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear this. I feel for you. I remember crazy times like this with my STBXAH and how I used to think if I had somewhere to go I would leave. It took me a while and it's lonely . It feels painful now - but I really think the sooner you get out the better because there is less stored up trauma for you to work out. If they get better when we go fine - we can always pick up - but as my sister says to me- "put on your own oxygen mask first." My life is pretty boring now..but I have to say apart from the odd time when I face a crisis I sleep pretty well. I'm looking around at those who got out a few years back and who are now really starting to live. The sooner you start to make changes the closer you get to that goal of being happy again. (( Hugs ))