Notices

Withdrawals question

Old 12-17-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawals question

I'm starting to understand how it's different based on the person. Even after a couple of days, I was eating everything in sight (prolly because i was starving myself to death) and my headaches were never REALLY bad. That said, my problem is...I'm fine sitting down, but taking a shower this morning, my knees were buckling bad. My arms won't do it what I tell them to brushing my teeth. My hands started shaking cutting an apple this morning and I can't cant even read my own handwriting. Does anybody know about how long this lasts, or anything I can eat or take to help? Sorry for the long post but thanks for any insight.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

As you said, withdrawls vary from person to person, so it's hard to know.

I'm glad you're getting through this, but it's always a good idea to talk to your dr because detoxing can be dangerous.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah, I know that's the problem and kind of why I asked. My primary is booked solid until the beginning of January. :/
Old 12-17-2012, 11:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

are you taking in enough liquids? dehydration can cause the issues you are describing. i'm certainly not a doctor, but gatorade and string cheese got me through the worst of the physical issues.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I had very shaky hands and a shaky body at first.. Lasted for me about 3-4 days and then started to disappear. But it varies from person to person. Physical withdrawal symptoms do go away though, the body has no option but to readjust itself, and is quite amazing at doing so.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EnderWiggin View Post
are you taking in enough liquids? dehydration can cause the issues you are describing. i'm certainly not a doctor, but gatorade and string cheese got me through the worst of the physical issues.
Oh, definitely. I think I've had every color Gatorade they make during all this. I've also heard green tea helps, so I've been drinking that and hot lemon water, too. I guess it's just the anxiety part of this. Keep having scary thoughts it may never go away. I just need to give it time, it's just hard