Notices

First time support

Old 12-15-2012, 06:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First time support

Hi guys, I am one of those who drinks alcohol to excess but knows it is anti-social and so have done it over the keyboard for years.
I don't regret 90% of the things I did write while drunk but alot of it was illegal threats and so on - to organisations who deserved it but not to my benefit in any way and only risking my family and so on.

I met a girl and fell in love with her and stopping drinking was easy. But then one day I found out that she was cheating on me, serially, like procuring the town as though she was single the whole time and I was just a easy boy when she got home. Well, this sent me back to drinking. And of course, I sought her back again, and again, and each time I stopped drinking.

So I have to admit to myself that this will be the first time I go stop alone, without love in my life to fill that space. I have stopped for two weeks here or there, started to get really fit (the body is amazing how quickly it responds and begins repair once you tell it to).

I thought that this time I should try something different, how about be among others who know what its about, like this forum. And, I am not expecting anything magical from you guys, its my own hands and my own wallet and my own impulse if I fall for it, but will enjoy making some friends and sharing some life experiences, and maybe giving support to others too while I am off the wagon. I do commit to this now. I actually love being dry but just always fail at it because I stupidly go and have ONE beer. And its not that I like the ONE BEER, its actually that I hate the feeling of coming down off of it - and so then I have another, another, another, and don't really stop, for like two weeks until the time I always stop is I get really sick, I just feel really sick and the beer does nothing, I know I have to eat and I just can't drink anymore beer because I feel so weak. Then I start getting healthy again for two weeks, don't touch beer, then feel strong again, then make the mistake go have JUST ONE BEER and its back on for two weeks.

But you see, its ON THE WAGON you know. I never got that phrase. But its ON THE WAGON. I always imagined that would have to be a WHISKEY WAGON. A big wooden barrel with horses towing it around the wild west. ON THE WAGON, hanging off the back guzzling whiskey like an Indian on CRAZY WATER. kkkkk.

Ok enough, see you tomorrow then. Thanks for this forum.
Old 12-15-2012, 11:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi :-)

Welcome to SR!

I was a bit of a keyboard terrorist when drunk - being angry which alcohol brought out in me is not nice - good luck and make sure your wagon gets you to right destination !
Old 12-16-2012, 03:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR Kombipode

Y'know, I actually think there is something magical about getting support from other alcoholics. It really helps to know you're not alone and have somewhere to go to ask for help when you need it, from people who know what they're talking about and how you feel. I know I would not be sober without this place and that is a miracle to me x

Hope you find it helpful here. Join the class of dec too, it's for people quitting this month x
Old 12-16-2012, 04:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for reply guys.

I guess now I got to look at a nutritional path as well. I am also heavy coffee drinker and smoker. Here in my country a pack of Marlboro 20s costs $2. I smoke 2-3 packs a day. And when I was on the drinking, I would drink about 4-5 litres of beer hard and fast over 4 hours then pass out. A few years ago I lost three laptops knocking my beer bottle over them by accident.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Kombipode!

As you said, it's that one beer that starts the whole cycle over again. I'm glad you're here - it really does make a difference when we don't try to do this alone.