Notices

2 weeks no alcohol

Old 12-13-2012, 05:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks no alcohol

I have now gone 2 weeks without alcohol. My desire to drink is surprisingly low. The hardest part at this point has been extreme fatigue, constantly wanting to sleep, dizziness and concentration issues. They've been worse than I expected at this point. Do I need to worry? I hope I'm just being anxious and this will pass. I almost feel like I'm walking around as someone else and need to concentrate on what I'm doing. I would love a clear mind while I'm sober! Isn't that why I quit?

Anyone else experience this? When does this go away? I haven't been drinking heavily until just a couple months ago and not even daily before that.

Thanks brothers and sisters,

ThatMan.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi

I think all the things you describe are pretty common for most of us ThatMan...they certainly were for me.

I think we sometimes fail to appreciate the damage we did as drinkers to our minds and bodies.

It takes time to heal...but we do, don't worry

Of course, if you're concerned , it's always good to see your Dr and set your mind at rest

welcome to SR

D
Old 12-13-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi ThatMan. I definitely had those same feelings early on. It took me a month or so to begin to feel clearheaded. Every day was a little better than the last, though. It's a slow go because we've damaged ourselves and need time to adjust to our sober life and heal.

Congratulations on your two weeks! Welcome to the family.
Old 12-13-2012, 05:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow this is an excellent site. I came back to see if I even posted correctly and I have 2 supportive responses. Thank you all, it's good to know what's going on is normal and I will be back to 100 percent at some point.

Thank you!

Man
Old 12-13-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
~sb

reaping the benefits of what the alcohol really did to your body.

Give time time and heal. Each day is different a bit better!!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on 2 weeks sober!

I know the first week I was managing to do the bare minimum at home and at work and it gradually got better after that. It really was like a fog lifting slowly. I'm glad you found us.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome!!! The first week is the toughest, and you are done with that. I started going for walks even when I was tired and that helped me get more energy. I agree with Dee about the doctor if you still feel like you do now.

This really is an amazing site. I have never found a group so supportive of each other, and you will find that you want to check in on your SR friends often!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It really does get better!! Lots of support and positive energy here that is wonderful!!