I almost didn't recognize it

Old 12-13-2012, 11:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I almost didn't recognize it

Happiness.
For almost two days I think I honestly felt happy. Not just a momentary flash of the feeling - but that deeper, more satisfying, warming flush of a feeling. I can't remember the last time I felt that since my boys were little.
On another post, someone noted how funny life can be....just when you are immersed in grief, self-doubt and regret something turns it around. Earlier this week I was in that darker place but today I am at the opposite pole. It's not mania or euphoria .....it's contentment and peace. What happened? I don't know for sure.

I had a wonderful conference with my oldest son's teacher which affirmed to me that he is more settled, less anxious and distracted now that the stink of alcohol is no longer in my home. Last night I attended a kettle bell swinging class and did 500 swings with that heavy piece of lead - and LOVED IT!. Maybe these simple things unlocked this long buried treasure?

This morning as I kissed my boys good bye and headed off to work, I had to stop and ask myself what this strange sensation was that I was feeling. I almost didn't recognize it.
Hallelujah.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you!!!
Old 12-13-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hurray! I have been feeling happy the last few days as well. My moods have been VERY up and down since breaking up with the A. but I'm sure the worst of it is over. I'm wishing you lots more happiness! Don't ask why it happened, just roll with it! )
Old 12-13-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:ghug3
Old 12-13-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good for you Mamakit, go for it.
I sometimes catch that happy feeling & realise it's been a long time since I've experienced it.
It's nice to know it's probably part of the healing process that's put us there.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

This is wonderful news! Congratulations. What a relief a little happiness can bring. And yes, so funny how it's the simple things that can flip the switch.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:22 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Awesome!

I've been having the same feeling lately. I woke up in the middle of the night, I couldn't get back to sleep, I was smiling. Ear to ear, thinking about Christmas and the kids and painting and just life in general. It is such a foreign feeling....but how wonderful it is!

Enjoy!