Could I be codependent on my puppy? LOL

Old 12-13-2012, 07:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Could I be codependent on my puppy? LOL

Hi everyone, haven't really been on in a few weeks. This puppy business keeps me busy. As I sit here typing, he's fighting with one of his toys growling and barking and tossing it around and of course, the toy has a squeaker!

Anyway, this puppy is quite the handful and I feel that I spend a lot of time following him around, checking up on him, taking care of him, etc so I had the thought that I must be becoming codie with my puppy! Nah, just kidding.

I had a few members ask me to share pictures of him but I don't know how to do that, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me post a few pics?

He is a dobie shepherd mix and is now currently running away from my son's rubber chicken toy because it squawked at him and scared him. Guess he only likes squeakers, not squawkers?

As for me, things are the same. My son's friend passed away from complications from leukemia 2 weeks ago and we've been dealing with the emotional fallout from that with him. My son and I also have been sick on and off for the past 3 weeks. First a nasty cold, then we traveled to Denver to visit my sister for a weekend and we came him and got the flu. We're both still recovering and trying to tend to the puppy has been tough while sick. He still needs his boosters next Friday so I can't take him to the park yet but we do have him starting with a dog trainer this week! He is very smart and I'm really looking forward to having a new addition to my hiking partners!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season. I will be cooking and baking for the next 2 days because I'm hosting a neighborhood open house on Friday night here and I have no idea who is coming. I've only heard from 2 who can't make it but the rest have stayed silent. Guess I better get in the kitchen, LOL!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ahhhhh.... the joys of puppies! My brother just got a German Rottweiler and he is having a bear of a time with her! She has his house in chaos and I know that this is how puppies are and to hear him talk about what she has done makes me laugh so much! My mom was puppy sitting and she ate a 12 pack of toilet paper. It looked like someone put a bomb in it and it went off. She also likes his boots. He was arguing with her that they are $260 boots and I said, they are $260 toys! She puts no value on it... they are fun! She found his toe peeking out from under the covers and bit down. He called her to the top of the bed and promptly found his nipple! He sent me pics of what she did to his nose and he couldn't understand why she went after his nose but thruth is, when you are lying on the floor with a puppy, anything goes. Especially if you think it's the greatest thing to wind her so tight, she's like a tazmanian devil when turned loose!

I use imageshack.us to post my pics. Can't wait to see your puppy!

I have 2 lazy puppies right now. A Boxer named Mummy and a German Rottweiler named Boo Boo. I call her my Boobie.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

LOL! It doesn't take much to get this pup wound up and crazy. He tears around the yard and then stops to do a few practice digs under my palm tree and takes a bite there, too. Then he runs over to my lavender plant and lays in it, he has officially crushed it and then he runs in circles picking up every toy he can find. I've already pulled out my 2 lantana plants because he eats them and they're toxic to dogs.

He also likes to bark at me when I sit at the table when he wants attention and he's really taking a liking to the couch. His teeth go on EVERYTHING, living and non living surfaces. I am not even putting up a tree this year because I know he'll chew on it and it's a fake pre-lit tree. Instead I bought a 3 foot tree, decorated it, and put it on the sofa table for display.

Last night I was baking cookies and he seems to have an affinity for the flour that kept falling on his nose. My shepherd mix, whom I put down a few months ago, loved to be underfoot when I baked in the kitchen, too. Oh, and my son just let him in the backyard for 10 seconds just now and he says, "Oh, the dog has your shoe." Ummm, are you gonna go out there and get it from him, LOL??? Hello??
Old 12-13-2012, 07:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My puppy is almost 11 months old now and she is STILL a handful. Actually, more so, because she's now a 60 pound handful!

To post a picture, click "Go Advanced" and then you will find "Manage Attachments." That is where you upload the picture. Depending on your camera, you might want to shrink it down before you upload it so people don't have to scroll to see the whole thing. You can PM me if you want.

L
Old 12-13-2012, 08:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Four of my six dogs are age 2 and under. Now that is insanity!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ok, I'm trying it this way as a link to the imageshack site. Let me know if these work, LOL!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Freedom1990 View Post
Four of my six dogs are age 2 and under. Now that is insanity!
I will say a prayer for you!

My Boobie is going to be 2 in June and she is still a puppy in so many ways! lol She and Mummy never left my side when I butchered 2 deer on my kitchen counter.

Anderson Cooper is on tv right now and she's staring at the tv because he's saying Honey Boo Boo.
Old 12-13-2012, 08:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

He is ADORABLE!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

here's more:

Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My "puppy" is 11 months old and yesterday ate my daughter's boyfriend's shoe, so we ordered the kid a new pair this morning *sigh* I am so looking forward to this phase being over! A 70 lb puppy takes as much management, if not more, then he did when he was a cute little guy 8 months ago.

I found Google to be an easy place to post photos and use the url function (insert image button on the tool bar in the reply box)
Old 12-13-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
He is ADORABLE!
Thank you! Now, if he would just settle down so I can get some stuff done this AM, LOL!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
My "puppy" is 11 months old and yesterday ate my daughter's boyfriend's shoe, so we ordered the kid a new pair this morning *sigh* I am so looking forward to this phase being over! A 70 lb puppy takes as much management, if not more, then he did when he was a cute little guy 8 months ago.

I found Google to be an easy place to post photos and use the url function (insert image button on the tool bar in the reply box)
I know, they are a lot of work for about 18 months or so depending on the breed. I remember my lab eating shoes, books, etc and then my shepherd mix ate the carpet AND the padding underneath. She also ate some Christmas ornaments and I saw it in the poop a few days later, UGH!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I don't see any links, or pics...
Old 12-13-2012, 08:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Boo is well over 100lbs and hubby thinks it's the best thing when he calls her up to put her paws on his shoulders... Oh look honey!!! She's as big as I am! It's not cool when she then pushes her way into the bathroom and jumps on ME while I'm taking a sh!t and pushes me into the bathtub!

And not only that, she will do it when I'm walking through and punch me in my face while trying to get her paws on my shoulders! I don't know how many times I've told him, I BROKE HER OF THAT!!! and YOU are reinforcing it! STOP IT!
Old 12-13-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BoxinRotz View Post
It's not cool when she then pushes her way into the bathroom and jumps on ME while I'm taking a sh!t and pushes me into the bathtub!
My bathroom door doesn't latch completely, so both puppies push their way in constantly, especially if I am taking a shower and have left clothes (specifically socks) on the floor. I had to buy new socks this fall to replace the many that were stolen and eaten.

My favorite puppy horror story is the Rit dye experience. My daughter and I decided to tie-dye tshirts this summer. I left an unused box of magenta dye on the kitchen counter and went to the grocery store. The younger puppy stays in his kennel, and we had been working with the older puppy to be left out while we are gone for short periods of time. She got the box off the counter and shredded it on the carpet. So now my beige carpet has a wide swath of magenta dye across it, right in the middle of the room. Of course, I try to "fix" the mess, by using "beige" dye over the top, which didn't work. So I diluted bleach and sprayed that over the top, which created a nice pink/orange/brown tint to it all. Looks like someone was murdered on my living room carpet!! My 4 yr old nephew came over shortly after this happened, pointed at the carpet, and asked if someone got hurt?!

Darn puppies!
Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CentralOhioDad View Post
I don't see any links, or pics...
That's odd, because the pics show up right in the post for me. Maybe try a different browser? If anyone else is having trouble I can post a link to imageshack directly.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I see them....
Old 12-13-2012, 09:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
My bathroom door doesn't latch completely, so both puppies push their way in constantly, especially if I am taking a shower and have left clothes (specifically socks) on the floor. I had to buy new socks this fall to replace the many that were stolen and eaten.

My favorite puppy horror story is the Rit dye experience. My daughter and I decided to tie-dye tshirts this summer. I left an unused box of magenta dye on the kitchen counter and went to the grocery store. The younger puppy stays in his kennel, and we had been working with the older puppy to be left out while we are gone for short periods of time. She got the box off the counter and shredded it on the carpet. So now my beige carpet has a wide swath of magenta dye across it, right in the middle of the room. Of course, I try to "fix" the mess, by using "beige" dye over the top, which didn't work. So I diluted bleach and sprayed that over the top, which created a nice pink/orange/brown tint to it all. Looks like someone was murdered on my living room carpet!! My 4 yr old nephew came over shortly after this happened, pointed at the carpet, and asked if someone got hurt?!

Darn puppies!
UGH! When my pups were about a year old or so I left them home for the day, with access to the porch through the doggy door. I accidentally left the storage closet open on the porch and my shepherd mix found a bag of potting soil. She dragged it into the house, through the doggy door, and then rubbed it into the carpet in the dining room. OI, that was a fun one to clean up, LOL!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:23 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

What a cutie! Enjoy! I have a 10 year old Greyhound I am madly in love with. Would pick him any day of the week over AH!
Old 12-13-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Can we steal your thread and post pics of our babies too?