Notices

they looked weird at me when i said: "i don't drink"...

Old 12-13-2012, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

they looked weird at me when i said: "i don't drink"...

i've met a new group of friends. very normal, healthy people. (as others told me, this will happen once you remain sober for a while).

eventually a topic of "going out" on the weekend came up.
well there i go saying that of course it would be great, but i don't drink.

the most puzzling look came on one guys face.
it made me smile inside.

to these people going out simply does not equal drinking. i could've just as well announced that i will not be shooting up with heroin.

it's very refreshing to see that it is very normal to not drink and there are millions of people out there that do not care for alcohol at all.

how am i going to enjoy life without liquor? that was one of my biggest fears of my addiction, which kept me drinking. and i still don't have an answer as to how this sober thing is working. but seems to be just fine.

Old 12-13-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you have a great weekend!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

For normal drinkers alchohol is just not part of the equation for much of anything while alcoholics are obsessed with it and think everyone else is to. When they give you the, "Deer in the headlights look" you realize the only person that cares is you
Old 12-13-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

I especially notice this when I take my mom to holiday events. I think to myself "Wow-there are a ton of people that are not out drinking on a Friday night. Look at these entire families enjoying doing something so wholesome". I'm kind of amazed that I'm there myself lol.

Honestly, part of me still wishes I was out having fun with friends too but I'm learning to adapt to new activities and it does feel good to be sober. As one of our July classmates says "Sober is the new cool!"