Notices

Some good news....

Old 12-13-2012, 04:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Some good news....

First off its probably the stand out question..... Am I safe? YES

This incident is the first of its kind in 19 years and things are calm between us. This is amicable and he is quite remorseful. I will be making long term decisions based on what happened and they can happen as I see fit on my time table.

But this site is about alcoholism so lets stay on topic. That's my only focus. My sobriety and only mine. Getting the help I need from the right sources.

So some good news.... The promotion I was told about in October has been finalized. Big fat raise and some very much needed comments about who I really am.

I asked them to hold off on the congrats event as I wanted my face to go back to normal. But my boss... His boss... And her boss all were quite nice and agreeable. Being appreciated helps pick me up some. Even when the contrast in lives is so apparent.

The doctor said he does not think I need surgery but he will confirm after the CT scan is read.

I have not been able to connect with my counselor so I have not discussed this with anyone in person yet.

Going to restart AA again. I go tomorrow night. Today I have to work late to make up time.

Someone said to me in all this that I am right where I need to be. That is true. I am thick headed and slow to accept anything negative. I grew up with trying to scrap hope together constantly.

I can tell you there is a before an after. I don't feel bound by what I did before. I have lost my sense of obligation to many things and find my thinking only about what my needs are.

But it's all in the execution. The actions. So..... I know what they are today.... I know for tomorrow. That's all I need right now. So I will move on.

Oh yeah! And day 4! Of many many more to come!
Old 12-13-2012, 05:50 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job gettin back on track and congrats on the promotion!
Old 12-13-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you for getting the promotion, and I'm glad you're feeling better.

You didn't ask for input, but...one incident in 19 years is one too many. I think when the line to physical violence is crossed, you are never safe again. Ken, I am saying this with love for you.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I 100% agree with Anna Ken.

Check out the stickies in the FFA forum.

Friends and Family of Alcoholics - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

D
Old 12-13-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Ken, the first time my husband punched me on the side of my head, followed by him trying to choke me, i filed for a restraining order. Although we were in the middle of our divorce, i sent a message that he crossed the line.
Be careful. Take care and congrats on the promo.
I hope meeting with your therapist helps you.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wish I'd left my ex, the very first time he laid a hand on me and our daughters.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yay for day 4 and many more to come! That's wonderful!!
Old 12-13-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I don't feel bound by what I did before. I have lost my sense of obligation to many things and find my thinking only about what my needs are.
Yeh.. you go Ken, getting and staying sober is all about you. For me my issues and baggage was less important than identifying what was someone elses i was drunkenly taking on and was assuming was all mine.

But it's all in the execution. The actions. So..... I know what they are today.... I know for tomorrow. That's all I need right now. So I will move on.
In my experience all we ever need is the right now, if we start living out of yesterday or into tommorow resentments can grow . The only moment you can make a change or a desicion is right now , everything else is our own unreliable narative of the past or speculation about a future that may not play out as we expect .

Day 4

Bestwishes, M
Old 12-13-2012, 08:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

So happy for you weasel, congrats on your promotion & 4 sober days Just keep linking them together one day at a time!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Thank you all!

To your point. one time is to many. My therapist said some sobering things. Sorry for the pun.

"If I can be hit 4 times while at my most vunerable and after I was down for the first then there is a rage for me that cannot be overlooked and is very very serious."

I am not a stupid man. enough said on that for now. The internet is not where I need to decalre anything. but the comments are understood.

as for day 5 that has arrived at my feet? Busy busy work day with implementing a large software project I designed! Yeah! hope it works now... hmmm... thats a different story.

Ken
Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hope all works out for the best and that you find peace and happiness.
Good going for day 5!
Old 12-14-2012, 03:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on getting back on your feet! You truly are a strong man and can do this.

Congratulations on Day 5!! Best of luck on your work project!