Notices

Here we go

Old 12-12-2012, 12:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here we go

Are there any medications you can get to help thru the mental and physical with drawls of alcohol.How long does it take to get thru the worst of the with drawls.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You need to speak with a medical professional regarding medical detox. Detoxing from alcohol can be deadly and sometimes need medical supervision. I suggest making an appointment immediately or taking a visit to your local ER.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

x2 on the speaking with a medical pro.

A multivitamin, lots of water, and healthy food really help.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Depending on how much you drink and how long, a medical detox is the best option for a big first step in the right direction. They can administer an anti convulsive/beno to help with the withdrawals.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Haynes

We can't give you medical advice here - it's against our rules.
It really is in your best interests to get some professional medical advice anyway I think.

D
Old 12-13-2012, 01:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the info, I have made it my first day ok a little hard with the chills and sleeping but I feel better.I have no insurance or money to see a doctor.My heavy drinking only started about 4 months ago.I have ordered a special blend of vitamins designed to help with with drawls.Nice to get a little normal color back to my face.I know the worst is still ahead of me.One day at a time, I wanted to pick that drink up so bad yesterday but I did not.It is nice to have people to share this with on line.
Old 12-13-2012, 01:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

keep it up, haynes!! you will feel lots better in just a few days...
Old 12-13-2012, 01:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I've been there many times. Stock up on gatorade and fruit, and relax for a few days. It will be over soon!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well it is day three my date of 12/12/12 I will never forget it was my first day with out a drink in a while, Here we are 12/14/12 still no drinks and lots of will power to keep it that way.Feeling a little funny not sleeping that great but atleast I am not drinking.The week end will be the hard part to get thru, I am planning many tihngs to keep busy during the times I was usually drinking.Every day I just keep telling my self to stick with it, So far so good but I know it is still a long road.Thanks for every ones replys it means alot to me.And I look forward to each day reading them it helps me to get thru it.
Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

Haynes, sounds like you're doing great! I'm really happy for you.

When we are talking about life or death situations...we can't afford NOT to get medical help. Believe me, I understand all about financial struggles. But if you end up being rushed to ER because you didn't get medical advice, that's pretty darn costly. Just a thought.

That being said, something that jumped out at me was your request for a pill that can spare you the mental difficulty of withdrawal. Please think about that. Addicts tend to want to get a magic "pill" that will make things easier...often because we feel we are not up to addressing life. Part of recovery is learning that we can deal with life, full on, sober.

The hundreds and hundreds of active members here on SR are proof that we can live full and productive lives free of chemicals. You can too.

SR is no magic pill to take the pain away, but it is a real community where we can learn and grow and support one another to make the real life changes that result in recovery.

Eating right, lots of fluids, proper medical advice, exercise and sleep are all a great help in recovery.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:00 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

The magic pill I speak aboutis nothing more than a heavy dose of vitamins to rplece what alcohol has stolen, And one other natural substance to help with any withdrawls.So at what point of trying to quit drinking am I in jeaopardy of being rushed to the ER.I made it thru my first sober Friday night in 30 years.I have a very personal friend who drank way more than I did and he quit with no er problems and he is well off financially and could have gotten medical treatment he has been sober for 18 years.So far I am doing pretty good, A little trouble sleeping at night.And I have not even gotten my magic pills yet.Trust me if I start feeling really weird I will get medical attention.Thank you for your support.Again it means alot to me.