Notices

New

Old 12-11-2012, 11:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New

Hi,
I am new to this site and just started my sobriety. I did rehab in 2008 and started drinking not long after I was released. I have 2 beautiful kids who need a sober mom and I want this. I am sick of being hung over and having no energy. I need to stop drinking and get healthy. I work full-time and am getting my BA in business.

Any tips? What was the breaking point for you? I think mine is just the horrendous hangovers at this point. I know I am an alcoholic, cause once I start I don't stop. I can drink 3 bottles of chardonnay in one evening. When I left rehab in 2008, I was so sick of the "rehab" talk. You know, the AA, 12 step, one day at a time, work it, blah blah.

This time I want it.

One day at a time,
Ally
Old 12-11-2012, 11:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
9.11.10 I started Living

WELCOME to soberrecovery.com! I'm an alcoholic and have 2 years now. What has helped me is being close to my AA home group (change playmate, change playground) I had a sponsor and I worked the steps, I have voluntarily chaired an AA meeting as my part of service work or helping others. Keep it up! You're already on step one... Our H.P will do for us what we could not do to ourselves.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

As a parent with a bit of clean time....I can tell you that no hangovers is one of the best parts of sobriety. It's hard enough getting up & being present for my little guys every day without having to overcome the past night's self-poisoning.

There are a lot of people on this site who have been right where you are now. They can help you.