Reasonable or Needy?

Old 12-11-2012, 09:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Reasonable or Needy?

Most of you know I have a bone marrow aspiration and bone marrow biopsy on the 20th. here is where my question comes in I want my husband to take part of that day off work and go with me maybe I shouldn't be but I will admit I am scared.

Now that that is said the test is set for 7:45 he has to be at work at 8:00 I know his boss would understand if he was late for a few hours I love his boss to pieces yes it is also almost Christmas and he has been paying the bills he incurred the new yet used truck he got a loan for , and I assume bills I don't wanna know about heis almost caught up I can get my daughter to go with me she said she will I could also go alone.

I for whatever reason want my husband to go I have been searching my motives for this would it make me feel he cares yes, yet he has been showing that in many ways so...

I am unsure of why hence why I am asking the people I trust most am I being reasonable or needy?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Reasonable and I wouldnt let m wife go alone. My boss would not understand but I would make that happen. I would tell him you need him to do this that you are scared its ok to be voneralbe sometimes. I read here alot but dont know your situation I hope for you he goes and you get the outcome your looking for good luck and yes again reasonable
Old 12-12-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you are scared and have conveyed that to your husband then I would think that he would make an effort to accompany you. If it created issues with his boss, I could understand if the answer was no, but until he made the effort to discuss at least the 'option' with his boss and offered to make up for the time if it was feasible, I would hope h would exhaust this option before saying no at least.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

CB, I will keep you in my prayers! I would be scared too! The unknow and fear could consume one if not for a faith and the ability to accept and trust! Trust in a God of ones understanding to comfort and give peace in the midst of a crisis! I pray the God of your understanding does just that for you and provides you with the support you need! Also a healing and strength physically, mentallly, emotionally and spiritually!

As for the support of your husband.... I too would want mine there and showing me his love and devotion and support, however if my daughter could and y husband could not then I would have to accept that, did not say like it but accept it! Me I guess I would express how much I would love for him to be there for me and ask if he could go.... and if he does not or can not, I would have to remind myself of expectations and resentment piece and the powerlessness of people places and things and acceptance. This is and would be the only way I could keep my peace and sernity. And under the circumstances one would need all that they can get!

Hugs sweetie, remember also that all of the wonderful loving and supportive people on this site that love you in a very special way, would all be there for you on the 20th if they could... they would have to get extra rooms for all of your supporters! Clearly they can't be there in the flesh but you can bet your sweet patootie they all will be there in spirit! So when your there next Thursday just take a moment and imagine the rooms if they all could come physically what that would look like! Hold on to that thought and image maybe that will help some!

Sharon
Old 12-12-2012, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I don't have advice here, but just want to say, if your daughter is willing to go on her own steam and without too much prodding, take her with you. You deserve genuine support.

The best of luck to you and I hope it goes well for you.
I had to have tests done recently, was dreading them.
All done, and totally not bad at all.
Glad you are getting checked out.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are scared. And that's totally understandable! It's absolutely normal to want support when facing a scary procedure. My concern is that you want him to go and if he doesn't go or he doesn't provide support in the manner you wish/need him to, your fear could be compounded by disappointment.

We'll all be there with you in spirit, Angie. I know it's not the same as having a dear friend or loved one go with you........but you'll be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Old 12-12-2012, 07:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I think it is reasonable, and, I would select the person who is more eager to be there for you!

Best Wishes
Old 12-12-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

My husband always came with me for some very scary Dr appts. In the height of my codependency, I was more concerned and worried how long it was taking, how much work he was missing, etc. I made myself more stressed with him there. It wasn't him, it was me.

My last oncologist appt, he came and I was very relaxed. I was glad he came.

My point is, wanting him to be there is very reasonable but how will it effect you?

Praying you have a positive outcome!!
Old 12-12-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tbeit View Post
Reasonable and I wouldnt let m wife go alone. My boss would not understand but I would make that happen. I would tell him you need him to do this that you are scared its ok to be voneralbe sometimes. I read here alot but dont know your situation I hope for you he goes and you get the outcome your looking for good luck and yes again reasonable
Do you have a brother like you lol jk

He has always hated doctors appointments of anyone's and is still smoking pot that I know of addicts don't think like average guys , he came to most of our sons major appointments when he was going through his cancer like the biopsys, but that was all there he just is not a doctors guy.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bunkie65 View Post
CB, I will keep you in my prayers! I would be scared too! The unknow and fear could consume one if not for a faith and the ability to accept and trust! Trust in a God of ones understanding to comfort and give peace in the midst of a crisis! I pray the God of your understanding does just that for you and provides you with the support you need! Also a healing and strength physically, mentallly, emotionally and spiritually!

As for the support of your husband.... I too would want mine there and showing me his love and devotion and support, however if my daughter could and y husband could not then I would have to accept that, did not say like it but accept it! Me I guess I would express how much I would love for him to be there for me and ask if he could go.... and if he does not or can not, I would have to remind myself of expectations and resentment piece and the powerlessness of people places and things and acceptance. This is and would be the only way I could keep my peace and sernity. And under the circumstances one would need all that they can get!

Hugs sweetie, remember also that all of the wonderful loving and supportive people on this site that love you in a very special way, would all be there for you on the 20th if they could... they would have to get extra rooms for all of your supporters! Clearly they can't be there in the flesh but you can bet your sweet patootie they all will be there in spirit! So when your there next Thursday just take a moment and imagine the rooms if they all could come physically what that would look like! Hold on to that thought and image maybe that will help some!

Sharon
Sharon, thanks so much for your post I laughed and cried I do know that the people here will be with me they always are the visual of imagining those rooms full lol. I needed that it has helped already
Old 12-12-2012, 11:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hollyanne View Post
I don't have advice here, but just want to say, if your daughter is willing to go on her own steam and without too much prodding, take her with you. You deserve genuine support.

The best of luck to you and I hope it goes well for you.
I had to have tests done recently, was dreading them.
All done, and totally not bad at all.
Glad you are getting checked out.
Your right HollyAnne, I do deserve genuine support thanks for the reminder. My daughter is more than willing to go with no prodding.
I am glad your test turned out OK.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:04 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kindeyes View Post
You are scared. And that's totally understandable! It's absolutely normal to want support when facing a scary procedure. My concern is that you want him to go and if he doesn't go or he doesn't provide support in the manner you wish/need him to, your fear could be compounded by disappointment.

We'll all be there with you in spirit, Angie. I know it's not the same as having a dear friend or loved one go with you........but you'll be in my prayers.

gentle hugs
ke
Kindeyes, honestly the thought of my wonderful friends here being there in spirit means more than someone going that doesn't want too.

Your point of concern is a valid one and I wondered the same so I suppose my gut was right.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:06 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post
I think it is reasonable, and, I would select the person who is more eager to be there for you!

Best Wishes
Dolly, you right as well that makes the most sense and LMN, your also right I would be concerned about the time it was taking and him needing to get back to work ughhhh.

My SR. family is made of people full of wisdom in many areas of life.
I love all of you dearly.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

.. and if he does not or can not, I would have to remind myself of expectations and resentment piece and the powerlessness of people places and things and acceptance. This is and would be the only way I could keep my peace and sernity. And under the circumstances one would need all that they can get!

Expectations, wow thanks that is what I have and I should have none my resentment price would be too high.
Old 12-12-2012, 11:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

(Reasonable)

Dear Angie,
You KNOW we will all be anxiously on our CPU's late on the 20th
so you'd BETTER not forget to let us know you are OK and it all
went well.

Your SR friends