Notices

Happy to find this forum

Old 12-11-2012, 06:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy to find this forum

Hello everyone...

My name is Lee. I'm a 45 yr old female and have been struggling with opiate addiction for 12 yrs now. I've made up my mind to stop this brutal course I've been on abusing my body and mind beginning now. I just can't take it anymore. It's affecting my whole life so negatively and keeps me in a constant state of depression.

I look forward to meeting everyone...hearing other's experiences, gleaning advice and offering anything I may be able to offer in the form of support and sharing my own experiences.

I know I have a long road ahead of me. I won't lie...the thought of it scares the crap out of me. All I feel right now is a sense of panic and dread. However, my desire to rid myself of this monkey on my back puts me in a position that I'm willing to face whatever is ahead of me to get rid of this damn addiction.

I'm going to do it cold turkey. I've kept it hidden from my family all these years. There are only a select few friends and my girlfriend that knows the hell I've been living for the last several years. I just feel so alone all the time.

My prayers are with everyone, and I ask for prayers in return please.

- Lee
Old 12-11-2012, 06:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome to SR Lee - there s a ton of support here

are you doing this with a Dr?
D
Old 12-11-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Lee -

I'm so glad you posted..... You described just the way I felt when I first came here, too. I know it's scary and getting off opiates isn't easy, but it's a lot easier when you know others understand what you're going through and give you lots of encouragement.

I quit drinking right after my first post here and I was terrified. Now I only wish I'd done it sooner..... While you're looking around, check out the substance abuse forum:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 12-11-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No, Dee. I'm doing it all on my own. My doctor has no clue the extent of my addiction. No one does except my girlfriend.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you, Artsoul. I will do that. I think it will help tremendously to read other's experiences and be very encouraging. I also look forward to getting to know everyone.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well, like I said you'll find a lot of support here.

There's a Class of December thread in this forum for everyone who's quit drink and drugs this month too.

Do check out the link artsoul posted too, Lee - you'll find a lot to read and iunterest you down there too

D
Old 12-11-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LDT

Welcome Lee..... Prayers extended. I also hope you will see a doctor. I think we all know the " hell " you've been through..... we've been there, too. I'm glad you made the decision to get sober.

You won't be alone as long as you keep posting here..... someone is always listening.

P.S....I live 2 hours to the west of you. Our son goes to LSU. We're major Tigers fans. How about you?
Old 12-11-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you all for your support! LDT...I bleed purple and gold.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LDT

Ha ha, Lee! So do we!
Old 12-11-2012, 08:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Welcome Lee-you've found a safe haven in the madness. Lots to explore here on SR-good luck for the start of your journey
Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!