Thank you....I slept!!!

Old 12-11-2012, 01:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank you....I slept!!!

I want to thank everyone for talking to me last night. I slept for 6 hours straight for the first time in months! Just being able to tell someone is such a load off. I am going after work to buy the book, attending the codependency support group tomorrow and going to try an al anon meeting this week. I am going to try and get through today though first. I'm very confused but trying. This is insane thinking but I actually feel so helpless right now because he is on a sober kick.,.,since Wednesday after I reported him for drunk driving.....so anyways he is going to AA and keeping busy with his AA contacts which insanely enough makes me feel alone and not needed. Can anyone rate? Obviously I need help. I mean all I want is for him to be sober and life to be normal....then when he is I feel left out and not needed???? Wow!!! This is confusing!
Old 12-11-2012, 07:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Thanks for the update!

I'm glad you were able to get some sleep. I learned that I do not make my best decisions when I am Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. I can do a self check by remembering
H
A
L
T

Tired is my worst state of being. When I am tired, I really get grumpy. Therefore, I make my sleep time my priority. I know how much beauty sleep I need. I turn off my phone's ringer (alarm will still sound), I block out the light sources, I give myself time to unwind, and I make sure my bedding is soft, clean and snuggly.

Everyone that know me ~ knows about my sleep requirement. Alcoholics know that if they have an emergency they need to call 911 because the Pelican doesn't take calls after her head hits the pillow.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
box of chocolates

We get use to the chaos and life as it was and even though we want so badly for them to be sober when they are we feel strange and like we are no longer their therapists. .mothers etc.
But this codependancy you are feeling will fade and it will get better. Focus on you while he works himself and eventually you will find life and your relationship fullfilling and healthy