Affirmations

Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Affirmations

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Affirmations

One of our choices in recovery is choosing what we want to think - using our mental energy positively.

Positive mental energy, positive thinking, does not mean we think unrealistically or revert to denial. If we don't like something, we respect our own opinion. If we spot a problem, we're honest about it. if something isn't working out, we accept reality. But we don't dwell on the negative parts of our experience.

Whatever we give energy to, we empower.

There is magic in empowering the good, because whatever we empower grows bigger. One way to empower the good is through affirmations: simple positive statements we make to ourselves: I love myself... I'm good enough... My life is good...I'm glad I'm alive today... What I want and need is coming to me... I can...

Our choice in recovery is not whether to use affirmations. We've been affirming thoughts and beliefs since we were old enough to speak. The choice in recovery is what we want to affirm.

Today, I will empower the good in myself, others, and life. I'm willing to release, or let go of, negative thought patterns and replace them with positive ones. I will choose what I want to affirm, and I will make it good.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Good reading today. We can use positive energy to address negative issues if we think it through and pay attention to how we react.

We can treat an unfortunate experience as a lesson, one that will guide us in days ahead.

We can treat obstacles as the universe telling us to take pause and think about where we are heading, and to perhaps take a different path.

I love the old saying "If I can't change my circumstance, I will change my attitude". A positive attitude brings positive energy and better days ahead.

Hugs
Old 12-11-2012, 11:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Today I will choose a good path.Tried all the others but they all
led to my being beaten senseless by foreseeable outcomes.

Vale (dumb.....but trainable)
Old 12-11-2012, 11:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Vale View Post
Today I will choose a good path.Tried all the others but they all
led to my being beaten senseless by foreseeable outcomes.

Vale (dumb.....but trainable)

(((Vale))
Old 12-11-2012, 03:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I bought two books full of positive daily affirmations to meditate on. Go me!

But I succumbed to the draw of "super saver shipping" once again - which means they will take approx. 109 days to get here. I'm trying not to dwell on my frugality.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by interrupted View Post
I bought two books full of positive daily affirmations to meditate on. Go me!

But I succumbed to the draw of "super saver shipping" once again - which means they will take approx. 109 days to get here. I'm trying not to dwell on my frugality.
Love it. In the meantime, you might find some good reading at your local library (assuming there is one close to you).