Notices

I just need some kind words...

Old 12-10-2012, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...

Hi, all.

I had a crappy day today. My self-esteem went to the lowest of the low. I am tired. I feel empty and ruined.

And I have no one to turn to. But I have SR)

I dont't drink. I don't even want to.

Thank you all)

Have a good day
Old 12-10-2012, 12:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

(((MB)))

:ghug3
Old 12-10-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to hear you are having a terrible day. :ghug3 By being sober today even on a rough day sounds like a good way to build back some self esteem. Hang in there, I'm sure tomorrow will be a better day!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've had these days a lot, and you were there for me, so I want to thank you for that. Is there anything you would like to talk about to get your mind off of things? Anything, movies, music, kittens, dogs, etc .......

It's raining here today, and it just feels so nice and peaceful, so I am hanging out with my kittens today, they are running around the place and having so much fun.

I'm here for you
Old 12-10-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You are worth the time, you are allowed to have bad days... you are still sober!!! And that is the best thing! I know I have had terrible days sometimes, but remember, this too shall pass. :ghug3
Old 12-10-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey midnightblue...I am glad you don't want to drink..

You now what..it is cold and raining where I am...feels like sun set at 3:30 p.m. It is kinda of down day..

Is there something you can do for yourself, a treat perhaps, to make this day a bit better??

Don't be too hard on yourself. Get some rest and tomorrow will look better!

Jim
Old 12-10-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Midnight,

Sorry you had a bad day! You always have inspiring words for everyone on here, and I look forward to reading your posts. I hope tomorrow is a better day.

Good for you for logging on to SR rather than drinking! I hope tomorrow is a better day!!!:ghug3
Old 12-10-2012, 12:42 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

MB-

Breath Deep. Smile.
Lather, rinse, repeat...

Zube
Old 12-10-2012, 12:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry todays been rough MB.

One of the best things I've found about recovery is,,,a bad day is justy that - a bad day - not a bad week, or bad month or bad year

I hope the new dawn brings an upturn for you, my friend

D
Old 12-10-2012, 12:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

MB... Happiness is a muscle ya need to use. It's not easy. I had the worst day of my life yesterday. For real. With out a doubt. But.... There is hope.

Kind words? Say them to yourself. I sometimes forget to compliment myself.

All my best to you!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:52 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Midnight...This make me think of you...

Jim

Author Unknown, Weekly Thought

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One of my fondest memories as a child is going by the river and sitting idly on the bank. There I would enjoy the peace and quiet, watch the water rush downstream, and listen to the chirps of birds and the rustling of leaves in the trees. I would also watch the bamboo trees bend under pressure from the wind and watch them return gracefully to their upright or original position after the wind had died down.

When I think about the bamboo tree's ability to bounce back or return to it's original position, the word resilience comes to mind. When used in reference to a person this word means the ability to readily recover from shock, depression or any other situation that stretches the limits of a person's emotions.

Have you ever felt like you are about to snap? Have you ever felt like you are at your breaking point? Thankfully, you have survived the experience to live to talk about it.

During the experience you probably felt a mix of emotions that threatened your health. You felt emotionally drained, mentally exhausted and you most likely endured unpleasant physical symptoms.

Life is a mixture of good times and bad times, happy moments and unhappy moments. The next time you are experiencing one of those bad times or unhappy moments that take you close to your breaking point, bend but don't break. Try your best not to let the situation get the best of you.

A measure of hope will take you through the unpleasant ordeal. With hope for a better tomorrow or a better situation, things may not be as bad as they seem to be. The unpleasant ordeal may be easier to deal with if the end result is worth having.

If the going gets tough and you are at your breaking point, show resilience. Like the bamboo tree, bend, but don't break!
Old 12-10-2012, 12:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I always like reading your posts. You are so vibrant and positive. I know you will bounce back. Look at all you have accomplished with your sobriety. Very very cool.
  # 13 (permalink)  

Sounds like a bubble bath and movie kind of day. When I'm feeling low, I try to pamper myself, because no one else will do it for me! Yoga always makes me more positive, too (although that's not for everyone). Even 30 minutes of exercise will get those endorphins pumping!

But the best part about you right now is that you're still sober
  # 14 (permalink)  

Some days are dogs, some days are diamonds....it's days like these when I know I have to hit a meeting tonight....Hopefully that will help bring some light into this dark day...
Old 12-10-2012, 12:54 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Yes all have those crummy days..

As it was said be all the lovely people already, its okay and its just one day. Please try to just rest and do something you like. Movie or something to just take you away for a couple hours..

And living one day at a time. We get to start over each and every day.. So make sure you dont go to bed upset. Wake up tomorrow and start with good thinking and you can make it a good day..
Old 12-10-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
teacher in need of knowledge

I am here with you. Gary
Old 12-10-2012, 01:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thank you so much, my SR mates. Your support means so much for me.

Stepping - I'll be back to my tour guide position as soon as I wipe my tears)

Citrus - you are right, sobriety is a good foundation to restore my self-esteem.

Amy - thank you! I like when it's raining, a like sounds of rain. But I'm almost buried in snow(

Critica - that's what I keep telling myself "that will pass"

Jim - The sun hear seems to set about the same time) And it's cold and snowing. Maybe, I will just have some rest.

Delilah - thank you) I do hope tomorrow will be better.

Zube - I am breathing. Deeply...)

Dee - thank you for your words. You are right, it's just a day.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:02 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I had one of them days - best cure? .. Here!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:06 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hope you feel better soon Midnight. Winter blues aren't good but tomorrow will be better.stay strong
Old 12-10-2012, 01:09 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I love snow much more than rain. It always looks so beautiful out there when it is snowing, and just to see it on the trees, one of the most beautiful things to see, and so peaceful. Then my pessimistic side comes out, "d@mn, now I have to shovel all of this stuff". (lol)

Just look at all of the responses you got so far, you are truely loved here!!!!!!!!

I think we all just want the best for you, so if you want to talk about anything that is really getting you down, we are here, if you just want to "get out of your own head" for awhile, we are here for that also.