Notices

New Kitten :)

Old 12-09-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Kitten :)

The kids and I adopted a new kitten today. He is eight weeks old and very cute, I tried to upload a picture but wasn't able to figure it out. He is black white so we have named him Oreo. Our other cat sniffed him a little and walked away. The dog tried to lick him, Oreo didn't want any part of that. He will be in my son's room for a week until he gets used to the house, and that will allow him to have the scent of our house when his brother and sister sniff him (the pets not the kids, although you never know with a five year old)

We don't have an exact birth date so I am going with October 12th which is my sobriety date.

Hope all of you have had a happy Sunday.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Congratulations, Oreo - you found a nice mommy & family.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

YAY for giving ((Oreo)) a forever home! I've got 3 cats, none of them really LIKE each other, but they've managed to cohabitate, and train me to spoil them rotten

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-09-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How exciting! And what an adorable name! I would love to get a new kitty, we have one cat who is a little over a year old... She could use a friend.
It's fun that your saying his birthday is the same as your sobriety date!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! he is currently cuddled up on me and snuggled under a blanket. Impurrfect, what kind of dog do you have? He looks a little like mine, she is part black mouth cur, but mainly just a sweet hound dog.

Citrus, my other cat is a year and a half old. We had to out our older cat to sleep in September, and it was heart wrenching. I think your cat would like having a friend.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Our dog is a chihuahua. She absolutely LOVES the cats, but the only one who likes her is the calico one, Patches.

Despite them not liking each other, I will often end up with all 4 on my bed, each in their "own spot" Despite making it rather difficult to sleep, as I don't want to disturb the furbabies, it's pretty cool!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-09-2012, 06:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love the name. Congratulations. I have 2 cats myself, both which I'm very much in love with. One of them is going on 21 years old, and the other is about 18.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Very cute name. I've had two kitties in the past Moses, who was black and white, and Seymour, who was gray and white

I haven't figured out how to post pictures either!
Old 12-09-2012, 06:32 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
~sb

look up top the screen to the Post Reply (on left side) and use that to post. Click Attachment and upload a pic, click attachment again to post it.

Congrats!!!!! =^..^=
Old 12-09-2012, 06:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's wonderful, Delilah!

You can never have too many cats.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think my iPad is the issue, I will have to try from my computer. I keep getting the picture to show up but can't upload it.

I think the kitten was just what we (I) needed.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congrats Delilah, kittens are great snugglers.

We have three cats (all adopted), and that was the limit. Love them all but we're not running a zoo!!!

Our neighbors around labor day came over and said one of their friends found a little orange kitten in a horse field. Knowing we are compassionate (suckers), we said we would temporarily "adopt" him and try to find a home for him.

You guessed it, "Bug" is still with us. He's orange and the most active kitten we have even had.

Toss
Old 12-09-2012, 07:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Awwww I love that you got a kitten..they just bring so much joy...any animal does. When I was little I had a kitten I named Oreo I now have a grey tabby who just turned 10 December 2nd. He has been with me thru all my apartments and is the best little roommate. As I am writing this he is purring like crazy and licking my arm..apparently thinks he's a dog lol I hope you can figure out how to upload a pic! I don't know how either. Enjoy the cute little addition to your family
Old 12-09-2012, 07:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Toss, you sound like me. They tried to tell get me to adopt two today, and I contemplated it for a minute, however three kids and three pets is enough (at least for today )

Stanley, was the name of our orange tabby. He got really sick in September and we took him in and the vet said there was nothing they could do, and that he was in a lot of pain. It was a horrible night. He was my first baby, and a great cat. Enjoy that orange kitty, he was just what you needed to complete your family.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:50 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I think the majority of us in here are pet lovers.
Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congrats on you new little baby. Kittens are so cute. I also adopted in October. I adopted 2, I had a really hard time walking out with just the 2 of them, there were at least 2 others that I wanted to take home with me also. I even told the employees there to "make me go away, make me leave", before I took them all home with me.

So sorry to hear about Stanley, may he rest in peace, and he is now at the rainbow bridge.