Notices

Old 12-09-2012, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Newbie

Hi everyone,
Today is the day for me to quit drinking. I am 29 and have been drinking on and off since I was 17 or so. It has gotten progressively worse the past three years or so. I'm no consuming an alarming amount of beer nearly every night. I need to stop so I can be a better mother, wife and all around better person. The drinking has really taken over my life.
I've got a couple of 12 packs left in my house and was trying to reason with myself on drinking all of that before I started, but I know that would just prolong the inevitable. So I hope my hubby will drink that this week and then it won't be staring me in the face at home.
I'm so glad I found these forums, I think knowing I'm not alone will go a long way towards helping me stay sober.
Old 12-09-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome citrus, You found the right place...
Old 12-09-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi citrus, I'm new too & am so glad I found this site, it gives me strength...I'm on day 3 only but feel very determined for the 1st time in 14 years...good luck
Old 12-09-2012, 03:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bondi123 View Post
Hi citrus, I'm new too & am so glad I found this site, it gives me strength...I'm on day 3 only but feel very determined for the 1st time in 14 years...good luck
Congrats for being on day 3. I am feeling very determined myself and that feels really good. I know this will be a long road but today I feel very positive.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Citrus

D
Old 12-09-2012, 03:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SR Fan

Welcome Citrus!

Glad you decided to jump in. I spent a few years thinking "I'll quit tomorrow, or next months, or whatever"... I finally decided to quit waiting for the right time and now I wish I'd done it sooner!

I leaned heavily on this forum for support and hope you find it a great tool, too.
Better days are ahead!