Notices

Tomorrow will be almost as hard.

Old 12-08-2012, 09:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tomorrow will be almost as hard.

It's going to be day eight.

I just know something in my senseless brainpan is going to set off the timer and say hey! You made it a week!

A whole week!

Isn't that enough to prove you're fine? Isn't that enough to prove you're in control of alcohol?

Coooome on...it's week already. Oh the stress. Monday is coming. I won't be able to sleep tonight. I deserve it, I made it a week. I am not an alcoholic, I am a SELF MEDICATOR and I need my medicine. I am so all alone. I have had a deeply emotionally scarring life. I need a treat. If I have a glass of wine I'll be like all the TV women with no fat on their thighs and gorgeous apartments and where the hell do they get those dresses they wear? Who has a job where you could actually wear that stuff to work?

If I have my wine I can be who I want to be in my head until I pass out.

Okay: Alternative. I don't drink, and wake up Monday morning fresh as a sunflower in my crappy workpants and no hangover. If I don't drink, I wake up Monday morning and when people ask me questions I don't feel like I am answering them underwater. If I don't drink, if someone throws something weird at me I won't hide in my office til it goes away because the headache is astounding.

Okay. I will not drink tomorrow. No matter what.

Get me through tomorrow y'all. If I do tomorrow, I'll do another week.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can do it medicatrix - you've done it for a week now

you already are very self aware of the ridiculousness of those thoughts...

and know that you have a lot of support here...you're not alone

D
Old 12-08-2012, 09:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's relentless med, you know it, it looks to exploit any emotion.

It's crazy, "I've made it a week without drinking! Let's celebrate by drinking!". Been there countless times, my beast likes to vary it up. "You got all caught up at work and had a really productive week and have it in good shape after going on a 1 week bender! Let's buy 60 beer on the way home so we don't have to leave till Monday morning!", or "The house looks great, you've tidied it up slowly all week after it looked like a flop house, dishes are done, kitchen is wiped down, laundry is spinning. You've done enough for today, you earned a box!".

Good luck with Day 8.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 8. have you noticed your skin looks better? Eyes brighter? Brain more focused? I don't know why TV and movies glamorize drinking, ain't nothing pretty about a heavy drinking woman. Try drinking ice water. I always have a water, soda or juice going. I like lots of ice!

hang in there! It gets better!

Love from Lenina
Old 12-08-2012, 09:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Easier said than done, but taking it one day at a time is a good tool. I wouldn't worry about next week's booze today, you can burn that bridge when you get there.
Old 12-08-2012, 10:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

tomorrow is just another day. you work it day by day. we all have a sober day in us. also, it doesn't make sense to reward yourself with the thing you've been avoiding. reward yourself with something else. a manicure, a pedicure, a new pair of earrings, a book, dinner, a movie, whatever! but it makes no sense to think of alcohol as a reward if that's what you're avoiding in the first place. a shift in thinking must occur here. that is absolutely vital. one day at a time, medicatrix. you can do it.