Notices

Does anyone else feel like you finally have FREEDOM?

Old 12-08-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does anyone else feel like you finally have FREEDOM?

Today is day 5 of not drinking. Normally, on a Saturday, I would drink vodka starting at 8am. Pass out/black out around noon. Wake up and drink more vodka til midnight or so. Literally. That would be it. No eating, no chores done, no human contact, just getting drunk all day alone in front of the tv.

Today I feel such a strong feeling of freedom. I'm sober and I can do whatever I want!!! Wow! I now understand what it means when people say their addiction felt like a prison. There are so many things I can do today, I'm honestly baffled that I am capable of doing anything I want. I feel almost overwhelmed at the choices available.

Just something simple like going for a walk right now seems like such a treat to me. I would never be able to experience a nice afternoon walk because I was too drunk. I'm really grateful for sobriety and the ability to really 100% appreciate the simple things in life. Have a good weekend yall.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I read my life in that post. Thank you for sharing such an encouraging realization! Hope you have a wonderful day, too!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's such a great post MW! It really is freeing. Keep that feeling
Old 12-08-2012, 12:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

mwstylee so pleased that you are seeing the choices available to you now that you are sober instead of wasting your life being drunk. For me, I only ever drank in the evenings but my days were spent getting over the night before. I just love waking up with a clear head and I feel that i have so much energy now and I am getting so much done instead of moping around on the sofa all day.

Well done on Day 5 and enjoy your weekend.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm looking forward to that feeling again
Old 12-08-2012, 12:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ah, sweetheart. Vodka at eight am.

I read something like this and I don't feel like, horrified or disgusted. I feel so sad for you, or anyone who got trapped and imprisoned by this ****, myself included.

We only get one life. Alcohol just bleeds it out of us, one burnt down, wasted day at a time.

I'm on day seven.

. See ya tomorrow.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:44 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

good stuff. I am so glad you are getting out for a walk..

My only advice to you right now is , please think about getting a program or plan for staying sober..

Because getting sober is alot more than just putting down the drink.. I would often "get to well to fast" as its said, ;and would pick up the drink because I felt so good. And the cycle starts all over agian..

I am a member of AA , but there are other ways. Most important thing is " WE" stay sober. "I" get drunk..

Old 12-08-2012, 12:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad that you're feeling good.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Freedom from insanity is a beautiful thing.
It gets better & better! Keep up the good work
Old 12-08-2012, 02:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling good! You have inspired me to get off of my iPad and go play outside with my kids.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
AAudrey

At first, I couldn't beleve how many hours in the day there was. Keep up the good work!
Old 12-08-2012, 02:20 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mwstylee View Post
Today is day 5 of not drinking. Normally, on a Saturday, I would drink vodka starting at 8am. Pass out/black out around noon. Wake up and drink more vodka til midnight or so. Literally. That would be it. No eating, no chores done, no human contact, just getting drunk all day alone in front of the tv.

Today I feel such a strong feeling of freedom. I'm sober and I can do whatever I want!!! Wow! I now understand what it means when people say their addiction felt like a prison. There are so many things I can do today, I'm honestly baffled that I am capable of doing anything I want. I feel almost overwhelmed at the choices available.

Just something simple like going for a walk right now seems like such a treat to me. I would never be able to experience a nice afternoon walk because I was too drunk. I'm really grateful for sobriety and the ability to really 100% appreciate the simple things in life. Have a good weekend yall.
It shows you have been a member for 2 1/2 years. This is the first time you've been sober for 5 days ?

Sounds like Pink Cloud to me, Time will tell.

Sober Recovery Articles » Recovery and the Pink Cloud

All the best.

Bob R
Old 12-08-2012, 02:27 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on the 5 days! Enjoy the walk! Sobriety has been very freeing for me as well. No more alcohol holding me back.
Old 12-08-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great thread. Yes!! I often feel like I have been set free from PRISON! No joke, I really do!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

The sense of freedom is huge! Glad you're experiencing that feeling early on, it keeps you on track in moments of temptation!
Old 12-08-2012, 05:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Bravo mwstylee!

It really is a sense of freedom not being tied to the bottle.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Not yet. I have been wine-free for 21 days. I still feel addicted. I still feel like a wine addict who is not drinking. I hope to feel the way you do soon!!!

Thanks for giving me hope.