Notices

I was lost for a bit

Old 12-08-2012, 06:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

I was lost for a bit

It has been a little since I posted. I kind of gave up on sobriety. That's usually how it goes for me. I am very dedicated to it for a little and then I just give in. It's these damn cravings. I always give in to them. I have a fear of developing a head and neck cancer. Every time I get sick, my sore throat is the first sign. I have had strep over 15 times. I feel that is a very weak area of my body. Alcohol sucks... But it's so much fun.
Old 12-08-2012, 06:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You have to make a choice and then work towards recovery.

For me, the fun stopped when the problems began.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

You can't give up on sobriety, you have kids and they need a mom who is fully present and healthy.

But you won't get sober until you change--Everything. Change what you think about alcohol (fun? really?), change what you think recovery and sobriety mean, change the idea that you can do this on your own, because apparently you can't.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I can do anything!!!

I know I can't do it on my own. I'm not sure where to get help though. My family is not supportive at all.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by diha View Post
I know I can't do it on my own. I'm not sure where to get help though. My family is not supportive at all.
There is help literally everywhere. There are links on how to get help all over this website.

There are many ways to clean and sober...including AA...which is free.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

First u must surrender. Then get all the help you can find. You wont be able to do it alone
Old 12-08-2012, 08:34 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
lillyknitting

It has been a little since I posted. I kind of gave up on sobriety. That's usually how it goes for me. I am very dedicated to it for a little and then I just give in. It's these damn cravings. I always give in to them. I have a fear of developing a head and neck cancer. Every time I get sick, my sore throat is the first sign. I have had strep over 15 times. I feel that is a very weak area of my body. Alcohol sucks... But it's so much fun.
It ain't much fun when suffering hangovers. To me the bad far outweighs the good.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:13 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Before I quit drinking I thought there was no help for me at all. I was completely on my own and there was nothing anyone could do to help me! Such a load of BS. My addiction wanted me isolated. There is an absolute ton of free help out there once you start looking, and not just AA. Ongoing support could be just the thing you need x
Old 12-08-2012, 01:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Posted by diha
There's many different approaches and methods of recovery around - here's some links to some of the main players:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...formation.html

I recommend you visit the Secular Connections forum if you think you may benefit from a non 12 step approach.

The main thing tho - whatever you decide to do - is do something.
In my experience, inaction just leads to more drinking.

Change is vital really.
I had to make a conscious decision not to return to my old life.

I had to make a decision that I would get through the cravings and not drink - they got easier and easier to negotiate the more I did that - but you have to get through the first one first, y'know?

Alcohols not fun...it just became the fall back position for me.

I used to do a lot of things - alcohol pushed them all out of my life and made me believe only it was fun.

it's a lie.

You deserve better diha

D