Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Just got out of rehab today, feeling more nervous than when I went in.

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 11:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support everybody. When I showed up at rehab I was so messed up they sent me to the e.r. Today is my first day out and I'm nervous and scared. I learned a lot about the disease we suffer from.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

Welcome back!

What's your plan for staying stopped?
Old 12-07-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know I had A thinking problem I couldn't just stop drinking and be happy. I had to use Aa It is what worked for me. I had to stay with dry people in dry places. It's very easy all you have to Chang is everything! It's a little overwhelming at first but if you get other sober people in your life to talk to it will work out. I had to go within or go without. It's been a log of work but I Never have to be back in the place I was when I sobered up. I have a life today that I could never imagine. It's all thanks to Aa and good sponsorship. Aa isn't the only way but its what worked for me. So keep the option open. See everybody who is practicing as 12 steps in their life's will do anything the can to help a newcomer. At least check a meeting out. Maybe it's not for you my advice is find a meeting and show up a half hour early and talk to someone face to face about how your feeling. Chances are they mite relate how they felt just like you do hen they got sober.
Hope it works out--keep a open mind
Old 12-07-2012, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AAudrey

Fear and anxiety can be overcome by working the steps with a sponsor and other recovering alcoholics. We all felt that way our first year of sobriety, but it does get better. Get to a meeting, raise your hand and say that you're new.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well welcome back. My last rehab I had to call 911. Spent 2 daze in ER and 30 in inpatient. Part of it I don't really remember. I kind of wanted to stay but needed to remember I am part of a big world. My best to you
Old 12-07-2012, 02:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm going to a meeting tonight. I start intensive outpatient Monday. I'm a alcoholic and addict, what would be better aa or na
Old 12-07-2012, 02:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Ruben

D
Old 12-07-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Ruben. I have no idea which 12 step program would be best for you. Perhaps try a few of each?