Notices

What nice thing will you do for someone ELSE today?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up What nice thing will you do for someone ELSE today?

Thread title says it all. In my addiction I was selfish and everything kind of revolved around me and getting relief from my problems. I lied, stole, and put others in danger. I was manipulative and ungrateful. I didn't have much regard for others, even those I really love.

Today I'm sober and working a program of recovery. This affords me the opportunity to not only become a better person for myself - I get to be of service to my fellow man. I get to do kind things for the people in my life. I get to show up for them when they need me. I get to give without the expectation of receiving something back.

What will you do to make someone's day better today?

I'm going to sign up to work with a charity called Voices For Children. It is an advocacy group for foster kids, I'm working on my PhD in Psychology so it should be right up my alley... If they can't take me I'll go to the humaine society and walk some dogs / socialize some cats! Animals count!

Ok. Your turn... What's everyone else going to do? Being sober is about more than me me me right?

Old 12-07-2012, 08:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Really admire your plans BabyJane and I hope I can get far enough into my recovery to have such plans but if I'm completely honest the nicest thing I can do today is stay clean , for me, for my son, for my family and for just about anyone who comes in contact with me because while I am in active addiction I'm pretty horrific to be around.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey RI -

Staying sober for today is HUGE! That is doing something for those you love. Good plan. I'm glad you're sober today and I'm going to do the same thing.

Old 12-07-2012, 10:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

I was taught to never not tell.

My sponsor gave me a task right away. And that was to do something each day for someone , and not tell a soul.. I have made this a part of my day, just as my prayer and meditation..

Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

Going out to dinner with my sponsee and coffee with my sponsor
Old 12-07-2012, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Humm... Yea I actually like the idea of not telling! Probably seems like I need to be more humble about it. Good point.