Supporting those outside your own circle --Chain of Love

Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Supporting those outside your own circle --Chain of Love

Since I am a new user, I do not know if this issue has been addressed or not.

While I need guidance in my own situation, I have dealt with being a support system member for a long time. I just wanted to let everyone else who may be new to dealing with addicted loved ones that you may find that the more support you give the more beneficial the process is for you. Locally, we call it the chain of love, as in the Clay Walker song.

I know from experience that the approaching holidays are often the worst time for addicts and their families. And I wanted to make everyone aware that in many places extra support is provided through Al-Anon, AA and other groups to address this issue. Additional meetings, special events, or extra crisis support may be provided.

Often any extra outreach you can provide will help others and yourselves. My local AA group runs 24 hour meetings on Christmas & New Years Eves and Days. They have meals available for those at the meetings as well as members of the community who may need it. We also have an Angel Tree to benefit affected children.

If you are in need of support or can provide it, you may want to take advantage of additional opportunities in your own area, or try to help create some if there is a need.

I wish you all a safe holiday season, and am thankful for the support and strength I have already received just from browsing the forums.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post!!!! .
I think many can be reminded of the support that is out there.....
Old 12-07-2012, 09:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I find that often, when I "talk" to someone else on the boards, I'm talking to myself as well. What you put out there comes back to you tenfold.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks I don't think there is anyone outside my circle of love, what makes it a circle.