Painful days are good

Old 12-06-2012, 12:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Painful days are good

Today is a painful day for me.

My attempt to turn it around for myself is kind of working, and maybe it'll help anyone else having the same sort of day.

Painful days are a GOOD thing because:

It takes a lot of painful days to become motivating enough for us to take action.
Painful days take the blinders off, and give us obvious glimpses of truth.
Painful days help bring forth wonderful memories, before all....this.
Painful days make us yearn for better days.
The day (or the week) after a painful day reinforces how wonderfully strong we actually are.
Painful days mean that above all else, we're still on the right side of the grass.

Lots of love to you Fams and Friends of A's - THANK YOU for always being here (in the last place I ever expected to be, and find so comforting.)
Old 12-06-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a great perspective. I think when we're abused and beaten down, we kind of forget that we're living and just go through the motions.

Pain gets through to that real place inside us, touches our emotional core, and I agree with you that it can wake us up and start us on a healthier path.

Despair is much more numbing and hopeless.

ShootingStar1
Old 12-06-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Firebolt - right on. In races athletes train to not freak when they feel the pain of a hard effort. It is something you come to expect, to know and to acknowledge without fear. It is part of the experience and you just stay relaxed and keep breathing, knowing you are working hard. And with many hard efforts, plus regular training and some joy and fun sprinkled in - you can win!