Notices

Back again

Old 12-05-2012, 05:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back again

My last post was April 2010 and had high hopes and goals to get things right. Well I lost my direction, my home life fell apart and have come very close to loosing my job the past 2 years. Social life is a mess but Im still here.

Right now going on 4 day dry. The withdrawl has been a killer. Work let me have a couple days off after seeing how spaced I was monday. Love my boss.
Loosing a relationship that was over five great years long sent me over the top. A year later that friend asked me to move back into our house. The idea was to help eachother out with our issues, mine being drinking. This friend has put up with a lot from me and has kept trying. What got me besides my declining health was hearing some say he posted a comment on a social network site saying "Watching someone self destruct first hand is pretty aweful. And I can't do anything about it. Umm. I really just want to break down and cry. But what would that accomplish... There is just so much to worry about all the time...Damn."
That made me cry, I always forget its not just my life it effects. This time around when times are tough I am asking for help :ghug3
Old 12-05-2012, 05:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Grats to you on 4 days! My 50 cents is why not stop for good? After a month I guarantee you that tour life will have improved 10 000 times.
Struggles will still exist but you be able to face them wiselly instead of drowning them.

Good luck, and keep posting!
Old 12-05-2012, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a really good friend who will help you through this. Of course, the hardest job will be yur alone. DOn't give up
Old 12-05-2012, 05:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for your struggles next, but it's good to see you back

Whats your plan to stay sober this time?

D
Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What's your plan to stay sober and what did you learn from your errors last time you tried and failed?

Mistakes happen, learning from them and not repeating them is what is important.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Last time around I really didnt let my friends know how much of a problem it was. They know now because it got much worse. This time around I just need to lean on the ones who have said they are there and dont be afraid to call or stop by when you need a talk or just to be around someone.