Notices

Love yourself to happiness

Old 12-04-2012, 08:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Love yourself to happiness

I thought I'd pass this on - love it!!!

Loving Yourself Happy (parable, author unknown)

I was recently told of an African tribe that does the most beautiful thing. When someone does something hurtful and wrong, they take the person to the center of town, and the entire tribe comes and surrounds him. For two days they’ll tell the man every good thing he has ever done.

The tribe believes that every human being comes into the world as Good, each of us desiring safety, love, peace, happiness. But sometimes in the pursuit of those things people make mistakes.

The community sees misdeeds as a cry for help. They band together for the sake of their fellow man to hold him up, to reconnect him with his true Nature, to remind him who he really is, until he fully remembers the truth from which he’d temporarily been disconnected: “I AM GOOD”.

You could do the same thing for yourself. Every morning look in the mirror and remind yourself how wonderful you are. If you find yourself judging yourself or others or thinking negatively once again look in the mirror and remind yourself of your perfection.

At the end of the day take a few minutes to review your day. If there are any moments you think are less than loving, forgive yourself and the once again look in the mirror lovingly. Look deeply into your eyes and remind yourself how perfect and wonderful you are.

Every event in life is either love in action or a call for love. Love is always the answer so love yourself into bliss and happiness.
Old 12-04-2012, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love this, I know I am guilty of focusing on the negative things about myself. It is so easy for me to point out the positive things in other people, thanks for sharing this!