Letting Go

Old 12-04-2012, 05:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Letting Go

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Letting Go

"How much do we need to let go of?" a friend asked one day.

"I'm not certain," I replied, "but maybe everything."

Letting go is a spiritual, emotional, mental, and physical process, a sometimes mysterious metaphysical process of releasing to God and the Universe that which we are clinging to so tightly.

We let go of our grasp on people, outcomes, ideas, feelings, wants, needs, desires - everything. We let go of trying to control our progress in recovery. Yes, it's important to acknowledge and accept what we want and what we want to happen. But it's equally important to follow through by letting go.

Letting go is the action part of faith. It is a behavior that gives God and the Universe permission to send us what we're meant to have.

Letting go means we acknowledge that hanging on so tightly isn't helping to solve the problem, change the person, or get the outcome we desire. It isn't helping us. In fact, we learn that hanging on often blocks us from getting what we want and need.

Who are we to say that things aren't happening exactly as they need to happen?

There is magic in letting go. Sometimes we get what we want soon after we let go. Sometimes it takes longer. Sometimes the specific outcome we desire doesn't happen. Something better does.

Letting go sets us free and connects us to our Source.

Letting go creates the optimum environment for the best possible outcomes and solutions.

Today, I will relax. I will let go of that which is upsetting me the most. I will trust that by letting go, I have started the wheels in motion for things to work out in the best possible way.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
cfm

That was a really nice post.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I needed that today, thank you. We are going thru some rough financial times right now and wife is more stressed than normal - and we know where that can lead.

I thought about copying this and sending it to her (can't send her the link here, that would be baaaad for me). But, we were talking about bills and money this morning and I said that we need to have faith and believe that things will work out for the best, just like God has planned. Well, that didn't go over well. At least one of us in trying to be in the right spot mentally.

Thanks again,
C-OH Dad
Old 12-04-2012, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks, LoveMeNot. This is a good one for me today, too.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nice dose of medicine for us all!

Last edited by bryangt; 12-04-2012 at 08:25 AM. Reason: mispelling
Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Are there degrees of letting go? Because while I feel like I "let go" a couple of months ago (in that I never contact the guy and rarely see him around), I still think about him every day (like, all day every day), and miss him, and wish things were different, and hope he wakes up before he dies of an overdose or something. Do you ever "let go" so much that you no longer think about the person? Seems impossible. I was just happy to get myself out of the immediate line of fire.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I love Melody's daily readings.

To LoveOlivia I have found that there are different layers in my healing and part of that is letting go in different amounts.

At first it was letting go of contact and the dreams I had. Now it is different and more about me, how I was in the relationship and that I have a choice to do it differently when I get into another relationship.

I did not see a lot of growth until I could be objective and had some of it behind me.