Notices

Allowing your Higher Power to work

Old 12-04-2012, 05:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

Allowing your Higher Power to work

Haven't posted here in a while. I will have one year sobriety this month on the 19th - yay. I have really been working the program with other a's and my sponsors. (I now have 3 - two women and a man)

I got an email that a board member from the charity i work at that stated that they want to cut me down to 3 days a week. She wasn't suppose to send it to me, it was an internal email for all the board members. I am so glad she did though, because I have had 4 days to get angry and let it diffuse.

I am now trying desperately to see this as a blessing. If I really break it down, then I can see that I will have these 2 extra days to get my houses in order, possibly sell one or rent it out. Have 2 extra days with my boys. Have 2 extra days to work on my body, as I have gained extra weight. Have 2 extra days to do my spiritual work, etc...

I am having a hard time seeing those as a blessing though. It is rough when I am right and they are wrong!! lol

The reason they want to put me down is because of the millionaire owner miser. She doesn't believe anyone should work for her for money. She thinks everyone should work for her for free. It is a hard spot to be in, but I am just going to go with the flow and see what happens. I am going to act happy about it, and let them have their way.
It is hard coming from a real alcoholic though!!! It is so hard to put your ego aside and let God work!!
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's too bad soberbrooke. It really does stink when you know you are right and they are wrong. You are doing a great job trying to look on the bright side though. I am sorry if this sounds trite and pithy but as mom always says "Sometimes things happen for a reason" and mom is usually right.

Hang in there.

BTW - congrats on a year!! That's fabulous
Old 12-04-2012, 06:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's too bad the working experience is turning bad. I worked for a non-profit organization for about 8 years and it was the best working experience of my life.

I do believe that everything happens for a reason and you are meant to have the free time to pursue other things, or perhaps to move on to a different job. Either way, you will figure out and thrive, as long as you continue listening to your HP.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sobriety date 12/19/2011

I took this job as a "healing" job. I will not be able to stay. It is a job with very little pay and now it is even less pay. I will only be making 288 a week - 80 of that a week will go to gas. So to live on 208 a week is not even feasible.

I guess it is back to the drawing board for me! It is sad though - I gave them so much!! I am use to making 25 an hour and they got me for 12 - but I still did my work there at the 25 an hour level. I worked my a** off. They just didn't know what they had. They only want to pay 7 an hour, and they found him. He is a dry drunk that is not working the program. He is making his recovery place there at the wolf sanctuary and he is a mess. He has a hidden agenda also, I am not sure what it is.
I have been wanting to tell them all of this, but my sponsor tells me it is to get the blame onto someone else. I can't handle rejection, so I want to pull another into it. I am listening and I wont do it.
It is just so dang hard to trust in God within your whole entire life. I know there will prob be something better, but right now, I feel very sad and depressed. Nothing to drink about though, which I am very grateful for! Just really feeling sorry for myself, like how am I going to move on type of stuff. It is the holidays also, which I didn't really think affected me too much, but maybe they do.
I am also dealing with my ex still - he is still in my old house, not paying rent and still walking all over me. Life just isn't fair sometimes......
Old 12-05-2012, 09:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad you are doing well otherwise soberbrooke...I've missed your posts here...Trust in your HP...Do the next right thing...It will work out for you...Congrats on your upcoming year...That's major!