Notices

I just find myself hiding out

Old 12-03-2012, 10:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I just find myself hiding out

Not really going out or doing anything. Like as a kid when I made little blanket forts. Need to remember recovery is more than not drinking.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hiya
When I first quit booze, I stayed in for months. Going out terrified me. But it does get better. Take little steps to find out what you are comfortable doing. Find new things that maybe you didnt used to do. Just dip one toe into the pool and see how it feels. Good luck
Old 12-03-2012, 10:16 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Powerless over Alcohol

Indead fitz..

Thank you though for the blanket fort memories. I loved to do that.

Balance is key for me , time alone , time out at meetings, and time to just be..
Old 12-03-2012, 10:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fitz,

When I first got sober, my sponsor (rip E) kept me pretty busy. many of us like to isolate. I think the isolation feeds the depression which feeds the addiction. I know you've been doing volunteering before you got the flu, maybe it's time to get back to it? maybe it would be good to find something else to get you out of the house? Maybe Meals on Wheels or doing paper work for a charity? Attending religious or civic meetings? how about being a Big
Brother?

I hope this helps.

Love from Lenina
Old 12-03-2012, 10:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yea I'll get back. got sick the Western storm came in, got depressed I will rock again
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

yeah don't be too hard on yourself Fitz...you've been ill and the weathers been terrible there...

sometimes we have no choice but to stay home

D
Old 12-03-2012, 11:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You do rock fitz, remember that.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ahh fitz,, the blanket fotrs,, well we called em,, blanket tents,,, but hey hoo.
i used to love making them and camping out in the back garden in the summer (when we had nice summers that is),,, one night i remmber , my friend and i heard a scary noise outside,, we thought it was a monster , so we started talking to our imaginery bf,, at the time "rambo" had just come out in the cinema,,, so naturally ,, he was our chosen bf,, lol
turned out to be a darn hedgehog,,, we giggled and scooped him up,, put him in my fathers greenhouse , hoping we could keep him as a pet ,, but ,, in the morn,, hed gone,,, and eaten all of my fathers tomatoes,, peas and other friuts he had growing in there,,, hence ,,, rambo does not always save evryone,,,,,
keep yr chin up hunny,,, we are all here for you xxxx
lv cleo xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 12-04-2012, 05:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The recoonns terriried me. Scary little buggers
Old 12-04-2012, 08:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Fitz, I just want to hide away most days!!
Old 12-04-2012, 09:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Yea, I find myself staying at home quite a bit. I'm an outdoorsy type, but need to make plans to do something and force myself to go, or I'll stay at home and be comfy with my computer or guitar. I need to make it a priority to hit up the coffee shop, go hiking etc. instead of hang at home when I have free time.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I am too exhausted to do anything. I am sober but I have'nt regained my energy. Kind of worries me. I wonder just what did I do to myself this last time around.
I agree with the post earlier about depression and staying home alone. I need some stimulus.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Fitz you really are an inspiration to people like myself. I know life can get you down but get out of those covers and get out of your funk!

Although forts are pretty rad.

Don't stay in there too long, the longer you stay in there it gets harder to get out.
GO OUTSIDE. Smell the air. Look at the sky. Get yourself some vitamin D from the sun. You are way too awesome to be a sad sad.

Loves ya Fitz.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I stay home too much too. I isolated not only around drinking,b ut while I was caring for my dad and his sister. So, the friends sort of stopped calling... Luckily for me, I have kids so I have ot get out to do things with them, at the school, etc... Some days it feels like such a chore. I know I have some degree of depression going on. Here, I think the shorter days, and weather change triggered it. When I stop my outside walks, I find this happens. Even though I exercise inside.

I hope you feel better soon.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I think I put away forts on a daily basis, my kids manage to find every pillow and blanket in the house and create forts, tents, some days it looks like a village.

I hope the weather clears and you are able to go out for walks again. You are such an inspiration to so many on this site, and I am certainly one of them.