blacklisted from NarNon Family Forum sign up?? HELP

Old 12-03-2012, 05:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

blacklisted from NarNon Family Forum sign up?? HELP

I was sent the link to join the NarNon Family Forum but when I tried to sign up it "blacklisted" my IP address as a spammer?? Is it because my laptop is my work computer as well and working for a National Company may possibly make the IP address we use as a spammer but I do not know how else to go around it..
I can assure ANYONE that I am on here and wanting to participate in meetings for exactly the purposes they are intended AND my Boss will encourage it!! But our company has NO interest in spamming anyone. Please if anyone can advise on who I can talk to about this as I am ready to accept all the help I can get.
Old 12-03-2012, 05:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Hope4Bella View Post
I was sent the link to join the NarNon Family Forum but when I tried to sign up it "blacklisted" my IP address as a spammer?? Is it because my laptop is my work computer as well and working for a National Company may possibly make the IP address we use as a spammer but I do not know how else to go around it..
I can assure ANYONE that I am on here and wanting to participate in meetings for exactly the purposes they are intended AND my Boss will encourage it!! But our company has NO interest in spamming anyone. Please if anyone can advise on who I can talk to about this as I am ready to accept all the help I can get.
Can you send the Admin an email regarding the issue??
Old 12-03-2012, 05:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((Bella)) - I don't think we even have a nar-anon forum? At least I don't see one, but then maybe it's something we had, at one time, and no longer have?

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-03-2012, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Amy - I think she means the Naranon Forum, not SR!!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Yes please, I am moderator of this forum and if you forward the PM to me or report it, I can take a look to see what I can find.

Sometimes people have rotating IP's and if the IP is banned, anyone with that IP will show as a spammer. We take great care here to protect members from that kind of thing.

Ann
Old 12-03-2012, 05:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think i forwarded it to you Ann Thanks! I was only trying to get on the Online Narnon mtgs they supposedly have on Wed nites?? but it denied my sign up..I hope if this was not legit that maybe you could send me one that is and or let me know what NOT to sign up on.. oops...
Old 12-03-2012, 05:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Sweetie are u talking about our Wednesday night meetings for friends and family
that are at 9pm eastern time?

If you are, you are already signed up.

All you do is when you are on this site, click on the 'Chat Room' button about a quarter of the way down the page on the right, a drop down menu will appear, click on enter chat room, then when in chat you will see the regular room and then a F&F room, right click on that, another menu, click enter room, a box will appear asking for the password, which can be pm'd to you, type in the password and 'bingo', you are in chat with us.

Now if it was on this site and you got the spammer message, then Ann or one of the Mods should be able to get the 'spammer' off your IP.

Hopefully this will all be cleared up by Wednesday and we'll see you at our meeting!!!

love and hugs
Old 12-03-2012, 06:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Thank you Laurie..that was what I was trying to sign up for..I had no clue I was able to access from here...I did fw that meassage to Ann so hopefully I will be in the chat on Wed.. look forward to it!!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Originally Posted by Hope4Bella View Post
Thank you Laurie..that was what I was trying to sign up for..I had no clue I was able to access from here...I did fw that meassage to Ann so hopefully I will be in the chat on Wed.. look forward to it!!
I will PM you the password if you dont already have it.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Will someone PM me the password as well? I am interested