Notices

links that might be removed by mods....

Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
~sb

links that might be removed by mods....

I did a search on this: why do alcoholics get energized when drinking

and found these:

Interesting what happens in the dynamics of an alcoholic family or relationship here: The Drama Triangle: The Three Roles of Victimhood - article by Dr. Lynne Namka

Alcoholics and hypoglycemia:
Hypoglycemic Health Association of Australia - Why Alcoholics Drink?

Quotes, some okay, some not so okay:
Quotes About Alcohol (177 quotes)
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Interesting about hypoglocemia, especially. I truly believe that. I am hypoglocemic and my naturopathic doctor told me to include those nutrients (and more) in my diet. I am also to eat every 2 hours. If I dont, I get massive alcohol cravings. Remember the "H" in HALT. In my opinion many alcoholics have primary cravings and secondary cravings. Primary cravings caused by phsyical things (hypoglocemia, addiction etc) and secondary cravings being mental or psychological in nature.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
~sb

Thanks, Windancer!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I printed them so the mods can delete if they want. Thank you Sugar Bear
Old 12-03-2012, 01:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
p***enger

does this have anything to do with why i'm hungry all the time now that i'm not drinking and why it sometimes helps to suck on hard candies?
Old 12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

As long as a link doesn't contravene a rule, there's no problem.

I recommend anyone who thinks they might be hypoglycemic go see their Dr for a definitive diagnosis

D
Old 12-03-2012, 05:56 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

!!!!! SOOOOOO much to say. This post truly makes me want to begin a blog on here.

I cannot begin to articulate how much my nutritional and diet program (approved by professionals) has helped me so much. So much so, that IMHO i feel that in many cases "talk" or "group" therapy isnt quite enough. And dont for a second think I dissaprove of those supports....I do not. I encourage them enthusiatically. However, I am a firm believer that if the primary "cravings" (or needs of the body) are not addressed then many people will likely fail or have a much harder time quitting.

I used talk therapy for years......at least 10 years, and that is being generous. It didnt help one bit...no matter how desperately I wanted to quit. Then I went to Florida Detox....they believe that underlying physical issues greatly contribute to addiction, and therefore it is almost impossible to recover without actively correcting the body's disfuction.

That detox worked!!!!!!!!!! I went from drinking at least a 26er hard liquor a day to NOTHING. I was good...for several monthes. Then I couldnt afford my supplements. 3 weeks later I was back to the same habits and couldnt escape it!!!! Even though I knew I was dying. I didnt have the money to go back so I spoke to my doctor and followed a nutritonal program for alcoholics...I also got numurous tests done, including a hair test, and BAM....in three weeks I was MUCH MUCH better off.

Now, like I said, I believe these are primary cravings. I still am dealing with secondary cravings, and am changing my lifestyle and seeking appropriate help for my mental/emotional issues. Yet it is so much easier now.

I am not a doctor....but this is what worked for me. It saved my life, really I think. I still have my ups and downs and am by no means completely recovered, but my anxiety/depression has signifigantly diminished, and out of nowhere I have motivation I didnt know existed. I truly believe in this. And when I hear of people who are several months/years sober I honestly wonder......is the primary issues dealt with? or is it the secondary? I believe that without the primary it is much harder (although very much possible obvously!) to achieve Peace, Harmony, and a wonderful full life.

God Bless you all. I should really blog my whole story.
Dee, is that against the rules??? I havent found anything that says what is permited in a blogg..

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I am hypo and missed a meal and almost went into schock. It was like alcohol withdrawal, weak, shakey, could not focus. Not a good feeling. Better now.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I know the feeling.
Old 12-03-2012, 06:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

The blog guidelines are down the bottom of the general policies and rules, which are also worth a read for anyone unsure what they are.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ting-tips.html

D
Old 12-03-2012, 06:11 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
~sb

weak, shaky, hot, perspiring (as in dripping wet), yeah, hate that. luckily it's rare for me these days....
Old 12-03-2012, 06:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It kind of sucks, take care
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do You Believe

Very interesting. Thanks.