Notices

Starting Outpatient

Old 12-03-2012, 03:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile Starting Outpatient

Good morning Day 5, it feels so good to be up and feeling pretty good!

Today I start intensive outpatient treatment. Is it strange that I'm really looking forward to it?!?

Wish me luck. I intend to throw myself fully into it and learn the most I can about myself and my addiction!
Old 12-03-2012, 03:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Not strange at all. I was looking forward to my treatment too. And I enjoyed it. Well, not everyday of it but the overall experience was fantastic. Good luck today.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Best of Luck. Let us know how it goes!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
teacher in need of knowledge

i too amm in iop program. hard but need to focus on self, not others. take care of yourself.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wishing you the best SoberFallen!

Let us know how it works for you!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good luck. I kind of liked mine as well. Like anything it depends on what you put in and the group you get. Remember that IOP does not last long in the grand scheme of things so make sure you start to formulate your plan when it is done.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trudger of Happy Destiny

Not strange at all. It is a good thing that you are excited to start te road to recovery and take your life back!!

Best wishes to you.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
2 detoxes down, 0 to go

I am in my third week of a 6 week outpatient treatment program myself. I was on meds for five days to combat the physical withdrawals and I'm attending three group meetings and a one-on-one with a counselor each week. It's definitely helping, and on the days I don't go to the detox facility for a meeting, I go to an AA meeting. 15 days without a drop of booze. Good luck to you. Jump in with both feet.
Old 12-03-2012, 01:26 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Best of luck to you!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I think the fact that you are excited shows that you are ready to stop. That is awesome!!!
Old 12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hope it goes really well!

Being excited about going shows how ready you are to start a new life sober.

Take everything you can from it and make it a lasting experience.

Old 12-03-2012, 01:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think it's great you're excited Fallon - best wishes to you & congratulations on day 5

D
Old 12-03-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks for all of your kind words and encouragement. First day went well. But I'm fading fast.....I'm SO tired! I didn't sleep much last night and my eyes are already droopy.

I also didn't take the sleep aid the hospital prescribed because quite frankly, it knocks the socks off of me. It causes me to sleep 14-16 hours of sleep and I didn't want to be late today. Therapist recommended that I cut the dosage in half. So I stopped at the store to buy a pill cutter along with actual FOOD. Yes, that's right folks, I said food. Not booze. But real, live, actual food! I never ate when I drank.

Here comes the funny part. I'm backing into my driveway when I hear a very loud and steady hissing coming from my front driver's side tire. Me: "Oh crap" (I didn't really say crap but I thought I'd clean it up for all of you. Didn't even stop to think about taking out my newly acquired groceries. Race off to the tire shop which is thankfully only a block away.

Panic attack sets in. I start to breathe and have to remind myself that God will never give me more than I can handle. Turns out it was just a nail. Tire shop fixed it for free in a short amount of time so thankfully my perishables didn't go kaput. Now that would've steamed me

Now home with that real, live food in my house and having a warm cup of tea. I'll be honest....I've been fighting the urge all afternoon to go buy myself a little "reward" (a/k/a 12 or 24 pack) for a day well done.

Psshhhh....nah. This sobriety thing is so much better.
Old 12-03-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey SoberFallen - glad your day went "somewhat" smoothly. Nail in the tire is a real bummer but glad you got it rectified with little to zero pain.

Good for you to get some sleep aids and happy for the "food" run. Hate to ask, but how much rotting food did you have to clean out before inserting fresh food? Yea, I just went through that routine. What a freaking waste of food whilst blowin $$ on beer.

Well, that's a thing of the past now and we can carry on with sober happy lifestyles.

Have a great evening!
Old 12-03-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Enjoy your IOP. I just finished my 8 week program last week and feel great. Really enjoyed it for the most part, although the time commitment is pretty intense. Great people in the program - addicts of all kinds, all ages from all walks of life - and wonderful counselors. I've started a 6month continuing care program that's part of the clinic, a group therapy session that's once a week. I've been sober for 76 days now - yeah me! Good luck with your experience, work hard and take it seriously. It can change your life...