Notices

Bad memories

Old 12-02-2012, 02:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Bad memories

Went to the quick store because I needed to get out. The guy in front of me had 2 12 packs and said to the cahier. I'll see you tonorrow. The women behind me had 2 large bottles of vodka. I had a pack of double Oeroes not good either.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I find it a little unsettling. I live on a Military base and the store I always stop for coffee or gas (and cigs until 2 weeks ago) also has a package store inside. If I stop there, any time of the day, there is always someone buying alcohol. Fridays and Paydays are the worst! I really don't have the desire to drink, but I also really don't want to face a cart full of whiskey, ya know? I changed my morning stop and try not to go there anymore, but I will always go there for gas. It's the cheapest around. lol
Old 12-02-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MycoolFitz View Post
Went to the quick store because I needed to get out. The guy in front of me had 2 12 packs and said to the cahier. I'll see you tonorrow. The women behind me had 2 large bottles of vodka. I had a pack of double Oeroes not good either.
Yeah, it's sad. I had 2 people in front of me in line at the gas station last week both buying cases of beer at 7am. I was buying a coffee on my way into work.

Zube
Old 12-02-2012, 02:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yea I felt like a book between bookends
Old 12-02-2012, 02:35 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And not comimg down on anyone. Not so long ago I was there.
Old 12-02-2012, 02:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

And military bases are a trip especially when you can get discounted booze
Old 12-02-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

At least you can still operate a vehicle under the influence of Oreos. I see people in the stores buying BIG bottles of liquor and I stare at the booze and my stomach starts to turn. I wonder if they are alcoholics like me or are they just buying for a party or something. My brain was a terrible thing to waste.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I always pretended that I was having a party, problem was I'd have a shopping cart full of beer and only two brands.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Fitz, congrats on the oreos. I am glad to see you eatin' double stuff!!!!
Old 12-02-2012, 04:14 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I went to the grocery store today and saw carts full of beer and wine and snacks.
Everyone getting ready to watch football this afternoon. I watched the game without drinking and really enjoyed watching my team win.
I've started thinking their the ones that don't know what their missing because I sure do - the hangover.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sometimes when I stop for a few groceries early before work I will see someone looking like death buying a tall boy or a tilt That was me. So thankful.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I hope you have enough milk Fitz.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I drink a milky protein drink.. Trying to stay away from the sweets but after 4 daze of rain I caved in. The good thing is when you split them open it is like two cookies in one.
Old 12-02-2012, 04:55 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I've been pretty pathetic up until my last purchase on 11/29. Since I travel on a bike it's a little difficult to disguise an 18 pack on a bike. It's got to be pretty obvious this white canvas bag, uniquely holding some rectangular object, is beer strapped to the back end. I got clever lately and dumped the cans into the saddle bags.

Who would ever know I'm lugging in another 18 pack?
Old 12-02-2012, 05:00 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I would switch booze for Oreos cookies anytime. Just bring a gallon of milk and we got ourselves a wild party ;-)
Old 12-02-2012, 05:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I don not want to get too milked.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Saw a dude at a grocery store buying one beer and one bottle of cough syrup. He looked to be in a bad way. I saw him chug them both in his car in the parking lot. Getting wasted was not his priority. Just keeping the jones at bay.

Also saw a dude chugging a beer from a brown paper bag while he was driving delivering pizza. Not my exact situation, but I can relate.

My rule of thumb used to be "don't drink at intersections."

I haven't "tussed" (used Robitussin or any other cough syrup) in 15 years or so, but cough syrup does quell the jones, last I recall. I just used it for emergency situations... not for recreation. Insomnia sucks, especially when you know you have to be at work the next morning.

Funny thing... I haven't thought of it for ages, but now I'm craving for a chug of cough syrup. Guess I'm just a craver, but not so much for food or pot, even though I used to smoke a lot. I gave it up and in 2 days I wasn't even thinking about it any more.

Someone gave me grief at an AA meeting when I said that--for me--alcohol has a physical pull as opposed to pot, and he said it was not appropriate for me to talk about other drugs ?!?

I was shut down from what I was saying, but by the end of the meeting someone said he wanted to hear what I had to say, so I finished my thought.

Conversely, some people get addicted to pot. I even spoke to a woman who was hooked on soda to the point of getting a kidney stone. I can take or leave pot or soda or any other drug without physical discomfort. I think I have the alcoholic gene.

I smoke tobacco (hand-rolled), but if I don't have the opportunity to do it, I don't feel physically uncomfortable. Same with pot. It never crosses my mind.

I've smoked pot twice in the past year and a half or so. I never woke up the next day thinking I want more pot. And not because I had a negative experience.

But, a fellow work mate of mine went to Marijuana Anonymous. He came over my house before he started going to MA. I was smoking on a regular basis at the time, so my tolerance was high. We smoked some and he kept losing his train of thought and had to lie down and rest for a while. I was cooking healthy food and he didn't want to touch it. He went out and bought fast food.

But hey, I've done the same thing. Robin Williams said on an HBO special, "they should have warning labels on pot saying this will greatly increase your appetite and make music much more interesting."