Notices

what else to do

Old 12-01-2012, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

what else to do

Instead of drinking, what do you do? Have you figured out certain triggers that make you want to drink and what do you do instead? I know this sounds horrible, don't get me wrong I love my babies to death, but you have 3 of them from 9 to 16 they don't always get along and they are not always nice nor quiet. Sometimes they are my trigger. The stress of it, the loudness of it, the intesity of it, the no-control of it. Today I walked away and cooked. I figure it's good for them to fight and resolve some issues and today was one of them. The repetition of cooking and focusing, working with my hands, soothed me. And I REALLY hate cooking.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have three kiddos too, they are 9,8, and 5 and as much as I love them they can make me crazy sometimes!! I have found going for a walk or going to yoga or pilates helps. It is also nice that I can hop in the car and run to the store at night if I need a few minutes alone, i can leave my husband in charge. Couldn't do that when I was drinking.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm same with kids - I do small things like scrub my teeth,have a good wash,walk dog,come on here - even doing something for 5 minutes breaks the spell and if it makes you feel even 1% more revived find it works

Also taken to trying to master the art of making a perfect coffee at home - costing a fortune in various beans though!

I've also takn to getting out on mountain bike and getting some fresh air down my lungs - tastes different when you haven't got a furry tongue from boozing the previous day away as well

Good luck!
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My dogs get walked a LOT more now.

I also commit to go to AA ONLY on the days that I used to drink!

Zube
Old 12-01-2012, 11:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bet all our dogs think - for gods sake start drinking again!! :-)
Old 12-02-2012, 01:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ditto on the kids. Mine are 13,12, and 8...looking back, I started drinking wine more often when they were young, fussy, and daddy was busy at work. They know I'm trying to quit my drinking. Now when they're loud and rowdy I say "I really want some wine but I'm having hot tea instead"...I'm replacing one addiction with another...oh well