Notices

Went through detox now slippin again... HELP

Old 12-01-2012, 08:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went through detox now slippin again... HELP

Had to finally sign up after reading for the past two months. I need some help stopping again. I went through detox two months ago, for the second time, and was feeling great and actually got happy again. For some reason about two weeks ago I decided I was going to be able to have a few drinks again. Now its entering day 10 out of 11 that I have once again drank.

Again I have the feelings of needing to stop but can't seem to make it past 7PM without getting a drink. This time I am glad not to have the DTs though. It makes me feel angry at myself but back at home again all at the same time. I hate it and don't know why I started drinking again but cant make it past that 7PM mark without feening again.

Once again I know I need to stop but can't. I put family and friends through enough crap for years and need to pull myself out of the spiral before it starts all over again. I can see myself sleeping in later and caring less and less every day. PLEASE help me get out of this funk before it turns into a real problem again instead of just a blip in the radar to recovery.
Old 12-01-2012, 08:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
~sb

instead of finishing what you have, go clean the bathroom and see how you feel.

then take a hot shower and get in bed.

don't drink tomorrow. pour out the stuff that is left. find a method of recovery and work it like it's life and death.

rational recovery
AVRT
SMART
Life Ring
(I don't suggest this for you) Women for Recovery
AA

Something will help ya!
Old 12-01-2012, 08:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Eric

You already know you'll find a lot of support here - welcome!

So....what are you doing *not* to drink?

D
Old 12-01-2012, 10:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Eric! Dee always asks the right questions. I have taken pieces of a bunch of different recovery programs and used what works for me. SR is my greatest support. I know I needed a very specific plan the first week or two of my recovery.

I still check this site daily, read a ton and go to different recovery and relapse prevention meetings.

Maybe you can research and list all of your recovery options and decide what works best for you.

Looking forward to seeing you on here.