Notices

Venting Thread-today this is driving me crazy

Old 11-30-2012, 09:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Venting Thread-today this is driving me crazy

Thought we could have a thread to just vent over the crap of the day lol Maybe putting it out there will help us feel a little better. Maybe our crap will make someone's else look manageable. Maybe we can encourage someone having a rough day...

Today mom is driving me crazy. She has Alzheimers but is crazy like a fox. She has figured out how to act depressed, and ill whenever it's time to do something she'd rather not. Acts like she can't walk. Today they called me to pick her up after half an hour. Guess who's fine when she got home? Walking and talking like normal? Daycare for 24 hours a week is the only break I get. I feel robbed and ready to throw something as she's only gone once in 2 weeks. Calgon take me away!

Your turn
Old 11-30-2012, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can't imagine Free, it's like the roles are reversed! Hang in there!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

FF.... That sounds very frustrating. It can cross your sense of obligation to your self up pretty bad. While its a lot I hope you are taking as much time to yourself as possible. Doesn't sound like much though.

Always glad to be here for your venting! Vent away!

I am having a crapless day so far. Just mosey along. Plotting out my next food adventure when I get home. This diet I have been on ... I am only a few pounds from goal... 165... But I have bad food cravings at work.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am just tired and irritatable. I am sick of my life. Today is payday here. Every employee (except for 1 who is my favorite) has picked up their check and felt like sitting in my office. I have no interest in their lives today. This is my 7th Friday sober and I realize that when I had a buzz on it was easier to listen to them. I just want to say," Look, I have a desk covered with problems. I don't have room for yours. Sorry your car is acting up. Gee, thats great you want to buy your wife a laptop." Do I look like Dear Abby fercrissakes?
Old 11-30-2012, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Dear escapist.

Please hang in there.

Old 11-30-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's rough Freefall. Adult caregiver is - in my opnion - one of the hardest things to have to do. Hang in.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:19 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Freefall, I cared for my dad, and then managed his care, once I had to place him in assisted living and eventually a nursing home. I juggled with with having 2 young children, and then had the pleasure of caring for his sister the last year of his life, which stole my last bit of time with him and for him.

All I can offer is HUGE hugs.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

My former sponsor is gossiping about me. She is saying I am messing around with a guy that I am just good friends with. Men and women can be JUST friends, FFS. This is not When Harry Met Sally.
Old 11-30-2012, 11:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Escapist, good for you on 7 sober Fridays! lol on the Dear Abby! Hopefully your work day ends at 5:00 you're almost there!
Old 11-30-2012, 12:31 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

That must be difficult FF. Do you have any support?

Hope everyones day improves

D
Old 11-30-2012, 01:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Rochele you sound like an angel-I don't know how you did it caring for two people and children at the same time. I bow to you!! I hope you had help during that difficult time! I have support through friends, but family is too far away to help. It could be much worse and I realize this, it's just today is extra irritating.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
~sb

I am forbidden to vent, it just feeds the beast, who has been away for a year and a half+ now.

I wish you all a peace-filled day.

With love & hugs,