10 weeks in

Old 11-29-2012, 12:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

10 weeks in

It has been 10 weeks since my RAW went into rehab.

WE have been doing the family program, family counseling, and are going to start marriage counseling.

SHE got her 60 day chip a week ago, is coming home from rehab this weekend, starts IOP next week, and has to start doing stuff to work as a nurse.

I have been going to an Alanon meeting every week, reading the forums daily, and making it a point to connect with my higher power.

When we first started the process I was ignorant of exactly what was going on. I mean I had worked with alcoholics and addicts, even counseled them, but my knowledge was just superficial. You can't really know everything about it until you have experienced it, even in a secondhand manner as most friends and family do. I knew that recovery was possible. I knew that rehab was an effective way of recovering. Even so I went into my own little phase of denial where I was not convinced that rehab was worth it. It was. It was worth every penny. The differences that my wife has shown are remarkable. When she came home on short passes it was like being married to a newer better woman. Instead of answering my questions with two words (fine or nothing) I get actual responses. They may not always be what I want to hear but at least they are honest and they are said without alcohol coloring them.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good news! Thanks for sharing. It goes to show that there is hope for some. Some being the operative word here.

Hope the strong recovery continues for both of you!
~T
Old 11-29-2012, 12:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great.
Thank you for sharing, love positive stories.