Notices

Iam done waiting for the sign......

Old 11-28-2012, 02:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

Iam done waiting for the sign......

Iam done waiting for the sign that tells me enough is enough or that magically puts me onto the right path of sobriety forever.

In my alcoholic mind there will never be a right time because if I continue drinking tommorow will never come. Iam going to stop messing around with this addiction and start putting in the action I need to save my life.

Let's face it that's what iam doing if the doctor told me you have cancer you need to do x y and z to get better you can bet your arse I would do it and more.

Iam fighting for my life today... No more games....
Old 11-28-2012, 02:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We know you can do this, lionhearted. Stay close to SR - we believe in you.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lionhearted,

sounds like the signs are there. You just need to believe it in your heart that enough is enough. It is so much easier to stop than to fight with yourself daily over this. You can do it, and you'll feel a weight lifted when you can tell yourself, I don't have to drink anymore.
Old 11-28-2012, 02:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I say positive affirmations to myself while I'm walking to my meetings...

Not sure if it's the affirmations that keep me sober or the meetings.

All the best.

Bob R
Old 11-28-2012, 02:11 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hey lion,, sounds like you really want this NOW and thats a big step,, and you can do it hun,,, the time is always now,, if you think about it,, whens the best time to do anything?
now??
go for it ,, and we are here for you,,, thinking of u , big hugs lv x cleoxxxx
Old 11-28-2012, 03:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for you lionhearted Addiction messes with your head pretty bad I reckon and we need to force ourselves to start thinking right. I was told to stop drinking by a doctor and carried on drinking for a year. Not too bright and I wouldn't dream of something so ridiculous now I'm sober. It's why AVRT helped me so much initially because it made me see how those crazy thoughts weren't really me.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

It takes that leap of faith, Lionhearted, and it sounds like you're ready for it. There's never a good time to deal with an addiction, but the sooner you do, the sooner you will have peace in your life.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There will always be a reason/excuse to drink. One more success to celebrate or one more failure to commiserate. Summer will come and the beach will beckon, and wouldn't it be nice to relax with an ice cold beer. You just have to say enough is enough and be done.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

The sign you were waiting for has appeared in the form of your outreach and post.

Time to fight for your survival...and it is a fight...but you seem to know deep down now that it is worth it

I'm charging through my sobriety with a life saving attitude resolve and diligence. I know you will do the same!
Old 11-28-2012, 03:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Alcohol is no longer an option.

When I believed it, I found I could live it.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I am glad to read this lionhearted.

Today is the best day to begin!

Come on over to November. We have a great group.

Ro
Old 11-28-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

You sound ready, you can do this Lion!!!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
All I have is Now

Nice one Lionheart!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Yes, Lionhearted seize the moment. If you wait for a sign the sign might read Emergency Room or Police-no time like the present to take control back of your life. Addiction had it's turn, now it's yours!
Old 11-30-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Lionhearted, you sound very much like me. Sometimes the signs are there but we choose to ignore them or we expect them to be bigger.

Monday I went to dinner with my daughter and a drinking buddy of mine. I didn't drink too much as I didn't want to be drunk driving my daughter home. I got home and I kept drinking until I was falling down (as is often the case). Then I realized something. Despite the fact that I didn't drink "too much," I drove home with my daughter in her car seat under the influence of alcohol and proceeded to go home and get absolutely smashed. Sign. Hello, where's my sign? Got it!

My daughter always greets me, thrilled to see me whether I'm a nasty drunk or stone sober. I know she'll grow up and it won't be that way. It's time for me to enjoy these moments and I'm going to get there this time.
Old 11-30-2012, 07:54 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Your name says it all - a lion is a brave and majestic creature respected by the animal kingdom! Lol! You can do this and you can help others too!

So glad you're here. Keep up the good work and thank you for being here today.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:54 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Clear Eyes Full Heart

Terribob your daughter is worth everything. Glad you recognized the sign and plan to do things differently in the future. My elderly mom is a sign for me. If you're literally responsible for someone else's life you can't take that on while drinking. Don't wait for a tragedy to be the sign. Good luck in your recovery!
Old 11-30-2012, 10:02 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

my sign was and sounds like yours. i was to the point that i was going to die if i didnt stop. it made me choose continue the path of destruction or fight for my life. the sign for me was die or stop.... your pal in recovery wes...
Old 11-30-2012, 11:43 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thank you for this post. I am young and have no issues from my drinking yet, although I clearly do it to get out of my depression etc. I could do it for another 15-20 years, but decided to stop. I like both AA and AVRT, and my AV ("alcoholic voice") is telling me now on my 45th day of sobriety that I am missing out, should go get drunk, it's not a big deal. I needed to hear that you don't necessarily have to wait for a "sign" or to "hit bottom." Anyway, I've already had plenty of signs...