Notices

First post

Old 11-27-2012, 08:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First post

Hi, I am starting my recovery as of yesterday. I am a prescription drug user. I started using vicodin after being prescribed for lower back pain and continued on for two years, getting prescribed 180 10mg per month. I quit cold turkey and thought I would never do that again. But here I am. I have been using whatever I can get my hands on sporadicaly for three years. Percocet, Vicodin, diluadud, and tramadol. I don't think I have been using as much or frequently as before but will bounce from what I can get to what I can get. Telling myself I will quit when I run out, but I never did either. Untill two days ago. I ran out and told myself to not go looking, it's a perfect time to quit. How long will my withdrawals last? Is there anything I can do to take the edge off? I'm drinking a scotch right now, but don't want to drink too much as I believe the withdrawals and hangover combined will be horrible.
Old 11-27-2012, 08:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome trouble I don't much about withdrawl from drugs. But I imagine it's like alcohol where it's different for most. I know with booze it's a good idea to get a medical assesment of your problem.

Congrats on making the decision to stop, that's a good part of the battle right there.

There's a substance abuse forum on this site as well that you may want to check out.

The main problem with drinking right now is that you don't want it to become a crutch that is hard to get rid of later.