Notices

6 Days In

Old 11-26-2012, 04:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

6 Days In

Hey all,
6 days in of not having a drink till I've finished work. Cut my alcohol intake by about 2/3 and haven't touched spirits either. Have another counselling session tomorrow and hoping to get to a point where I can quit in a couple of weeks. No bad withdrawal as of yet just the normal shakes and night sweats. Not particularly emotionally stable, up one day down the next. I'll say this though, this forum helps massively. Onwards.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

sounds like torture to me padlock - but good luck with it.

D
Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you quit today,in a couple of weeks you'll feel a lot better vs. having to feel like s*** for another 2 weeks. Just say'n. Keep reading and posting on SR. You can and will do this. We are all rooting for you!
Old 11-26-2012, 03:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well done. I know how hard the first few weeks can be! Hang in there.Just take it one day at a time. Hope the counselling helps. I'm seriously thinking about starting counselling - I need help and don't think I can do it alone, so I'd be really interested to hear about your progress and your opinions on whether counselling helps.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Padlock, I'm not sure that there is an 'easier, softer' way to quitting. I never drank until after work and I still managed to accumulate legal problems, relationship issues and a myriad of health ailments.

I'm of the 'Seinfeld belief' of ripping the bandage off in one quick motion, rather than removing it slowly. Maybe more pain initially, but it sure is over sooner.

Good luck.