Notices

Withdrawal symptoms?

Old 11-25-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nov.23, 2012

Withdrawal symptoms?

It's the morning of day four. Had three nights of the worst sleep ever, awake, wild dreams, stomach pain, sweats and waking in the morning just like I had a bottle of wine the night before. Dry mouth, eyes, headaches. Is this normal, how long does this last? I am drinking tons of water daily to flush it all out...when will I feel better physically? Thanks.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Seem pretty normal to me with withdrawals. Hard to know because I don't know if you go on few days or week binges or you drink for years and now you have stop. For me whatever time I put in a binge, it takes twice as long to feel normal again. If you drink for years and never stop then I can't give you any advice because I never did that.

If you can't stand it anymore then see your doctor about this.
Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that's pretty common, but if you're worried at all, it's best to see a Dr.

D
Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

A mix of melatonin/Valerian root/lemon balm will help you sleep and will ease up the anxiety.

Drink lots of water and take b-complex and multivitamins. If you feel like you're having a panic attack try a puzzle game or something to keep your mind busy in a dimly lit room.

Hope these help. On day 8 here after going through a mild case of DT's last week. ouch.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

I usually have the restless sleep and crazy dreams for the first couple nights and then it let's up. My digestive system is still sensitive even on the 15th day, but I'm not in pain. I do still wake up from time to time feeling groggy like I drank the night before. I still have periods during which I feel very dehydrated, too, and can't seem to get enough water. We drank for a long time, and it will likewise take time for the body to get used to not being poisoned anymore. It's all a normal part of the withdrawal process and will pass. It seems to be slightly different for everyone.

Congratulations on 4 days! Stick with it or you'll have to go through all this again, and it could be worse next time around.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:10 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

it depends on an individual, but things should be improving from day 5 on usually... i think after 2 weeks you should be feeling better physically...
but you have to give it time really. even 2 weeks is very early.

i can tell you that those hours will turn into days and eventually even days into weeks... and after a while it gets better... a lot better. but you really have to give it a try
Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I am at 6 weeks. Yesterday, I realized that my sleep is quiet. I don't know exactly when it became that way. I always have bad dreams. Although, my husband told me that last night I said ,"They will never say they are an alcoholic" I don't remember it. Strange. The scary dreams have stopped. It is beautiful.